Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Adventures...


I love how my kids can turn anything into an adventure.  During an attempt to get some of their energy out at our favorite walking trail, our mundane walk suddenly turned into an adventure.  There were bike chases involved, hiking mountain-boulders, chasing minnows, hiding from "scary guys", avoiding crab attacks, throwing rocks at killer waves, and even avoiding the killer seagulls.  I love to observe their imaginations at full-throttle.  Finnley usually takes the lead and sets up "the scene", while Dieter mimics, and recites everything she says and does.  Sometimes I get to join in, but usually I'm just "the guard" or something lackadaisical and get to sit with Remmy and observe.



I love these kiddos more than I can show or tell them.  Sometimes I find myself so caught up in doing mom stuff, that I forget to sit down and enjoy them.  When I finally do sit down and put stickers on cards with them, or help them paint a picture, its those times that we are all happiest and make the best memories together.  So, onto more adventures with these two....

No comments: