I don't know how its possible, but yes, Dieter was old enough for preschool this year. I remember when Finnley started preschool and she seemed sooo much older. But, in actuality, she was only 6 months older.
Anyway, this guy is now a big-time preschooler. He isn't quite sold on the whole idea of leaving mom yet, and it breaks my heart to see his puppy-dog eyes as I leave him. Fortunately, he's happy as can be when I pick him up, and loves telling me about all the things they did at school.
I'm not sure what to do with myself for those 2 1/2 hours I have Remmy all to myself. I'm ashamed to admit that most days I just go to Target and walk the aisles for two hours while Remmy naps in her seat. I sip on my Diet Coke, browse the clearance racks (something I haven't been able to do in years), and I'm excited to do some semi-solo Christmas shopping this year!
I do miss my constant shadow (and when I say constant, I mean constant) but I know preschool is the best thing for him and helping him gain a little independence. Plus, he looks up to his big sister and is proud to be going to school and bringing home art projects just like her.
Well Buddy, here's the start of a loooooong road of school. Especially if you follow in the steps of your daddy!



No comments:
Post a Comment