.jpg)
While in Utah we headed down to the state fair.
Mitch and I love the fair and have many, many memories there. We went on one of our first dates there, we ran a Rainbow Snow there before we were married, and now we get to share it with our children.
It was a hot day, so we didn't stay long - just long enough to buy a corn dog for way too much money, see all the animals (and smell them), and ride the big yellow slide (twice). I love that slide, and Finnley did too. She would have gone down again and again.


Growing up my parents let us have all kinds of animals. We had dogs, horses, birds, parrots, iguanas, snakes, hamsters, turtles, fish, newts, frogs, and rabbits - not all at once, but still. One day when I was little (probably about 3 or 4) I decided I was going to put all of our rabbits inside our bird cage. So, I stuffed about five rabbits inside a small bird cage with one of those 4 x 3 inch openings that slides to the side. Then, I took them out and put them back in their cage. Don't ask me what I was thinking, I do not remember. Needless to say, the next morning when I went out back to feed them, a few of our beloved rabbits were as stiff as logs. I remember my dad digging a hole for them and burying them in our backyard. We had rabbits for years after that without incident.
Curious why I'm sharing this story? Mitch felt it was appropriate to share this with his whole family, and my young daughter, while we were admiring the cute, cuddly, adorable rabbits. Thanks babe. ;)
.jpg)
Best in-laws!
.jpg)
Dieter boy is getting all his animals sounds down. Its the cutest thing. My favorite are the goat and sheep - which come out sounding about the same. He opens his mouth, and forces out something that sounds like a choppy, fake laugh with a hint of sheep/goat.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Okay, seriously? Deep fried TWINKIES!? And you thought funnel cakes were bad. I swear, the food at the fair is dangerous. Although, I have to admit the pulled pork sandwiches with Bear Lake raspberry BBQ sauce were amazing.
Thanks for the fun weekend Duckworths!
3 comments:
We looove the fair! I don't know how we missed you dang it... we did go twice. ha What I also don't know is how we missed those 2 tasty treats you mentioned. I prefer deep fried Oreo's myself... you must try!!
Your fam looks great too btw, even if they were just told about your poor bunnies. ;)
Too bad we missed you! I love the fair, we went too and devoured the funnel cake :) Good luck this weekend! Maybe we will see you at the finish line! Nate is running it too so look for him!
I love D's face making the animal sounds! You look so beautiful in the wedding pics too Lindsay!
Post a Comment