
For our first Christmas while dating I thought I would give Mitch something special and from the heart, so I made him a quilt. I thought he would be thrilled with it, but come to find out, he'd had a few quilts made for him in his day. So, for our second Christmas while dating I really had to step up my game. It wasn't hard to beat a quilt, but I didn't want it to just be okay, I wanted it to be great!
Unlike my family, Mitch's family had no pets growing up - zero, zilch, nada! So, naturally, I decided to buy him a horse. :) I went up to an auction in Ogden, and picked out a darling little buckskin filly named Sheeza. I took a picture of her, framed it, and wrapped it in a box with a halter and lead rope. (I'd thought about having my brother-in-law drop her off on his parents front lawn, but I didn't think they'd appreciate horse poop in their clean, white snow.)
Mitch was thrilled to say the least, and has become a true horseman. He misses working with Sheeza now that we live out in California, but we see her each time we visit. Well, this spring Sheeza had a new baby! She was bred with a mustang and had the cutest little baby boy we like to call, Miles to Run or "Miles" for short.
.jpg)
On our way out of Utah last week, we made a stop in Payson to pay little Miles a visit. He is the most adorable little guy, and Mitch and I can't wait to one day have him (and Sheeza) living in our very own backyard.

.jpg)
There were a bunch of bulls on the property that I thought were totally awesome! Wouldn't you agree?

So, meet the newest addition to the Duckworth family!
1 comment:
I saw the title to your post and thought oh, she is going to post about the marathon she is going to run in 3 DAYS! Boy was I wrong...so fun that you have horses guys!
Post a Comment