.jpg)
It was hot, it was hard, but it was worth it! (I think.)
Yesterday I boarded the bus and headed up to the start line with my friends Jamie and Chris. What an awesome experience. There is nothing better than the excitement and anticipation to begin a marathon. I was giddy - just ask my roommates!
I knew it was going to be a warm one when I didn't need my gloves at the top. It was an extremely sunny and hot day. I think it took its toll on all the runners. I was taking full advantage of the icy hot rub downs along the course so my legs would stop cramping up, and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss an aid station.
But. It. Was. Awesome.
.jpg)
After my first and last marathon (five years ago) I promised myself I was done, and would stick to halves from then on. I am so glad Jamie talked me into signing up for St. George, and helped me get trained and ready.
Mitch met up with me at mile 21 and rode his bike alongside with the kids in the chariot. It was a huge help - that is until he blew a tire around 23. Then, I was back on my own.
.jpg)
Four hours and twelve minutes later I was finished!
It was fun seeing so many people I knew. I was so glad when I spotted Shelly and Liz right around Veyo Hill and they were nice enough to let me tag along with them for most of the race.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Mitch and his good buddy Nate Fry who also ran the marathon!
See what I mean? It was fun running into all the runners.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Me and Jamie lounging at the finish.
We've had fun laughing at each other walk up and down the stairs for the last two days! Man are our legs sore.
.jpg)
And, I can't leave out this cute prego mama! She actually hopped in the race and ran the last couple blocks with me, coaching me to the finish line. Thanks Sara for coming and supporting me; you're the best.
Overall, the race was great. I do have to say that it is not all downhill. That's the biggest lie I've ever heard. ;)
Unlike last time, I think I might actually do another one....one day.
10 comments:
WOOHOO! Congrats on finishing the marathon! That is a huge accomplishment! I miss your face and I miss running with you!
Good job Linds, that is awesome! I've thought about running the St. George marathon, because I heard it was a great course. Good for you and in a great time!
way to go! congrats!!!!
You are my hero!!! that is so awesome, what a great accomplishment!!
Lindz, you are amazing!!! Congrats on finishing and doing so well!! Hopefully I'll get to see you one of these days you're in town!
you marathon runner...you are amazing!!! I need to get back into running wish you were my running partner I need some help getting motivated!! Congrats!!!
Way to go! I'm always so impressed with runners. I'm very much not one, but maybe someday my body will join me in my efforts. Until then, I'll run, but really it's more like a grandma shuffle. haha! I just ran my first real race last weekend - the DC Ragnar Relay and it was nuts! Really, I'm so impressed you ran a marathon! Happy recovering!
holy smokes! that is so cool! no only to accomplish the actual race, but all the training leading up to it. good job!!!
Woohoo! Congratulations Lindsay on the big finish! YOu are amazing.
Good job!! I really want to run a marathon one day, but it won't be for awhile. I am having a hard time doing 2 miles without stopping. hahaha. I will work my way up to a marathon one mile at a time.
SS
Post a Comment