Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Does the Birth = the Baby?


I was considering that theory last night.  Does the birth = the baby?  It just might.

Finnley's labor and delivery was loooong, hard, and painful.  Although I love her to pieces, she is our stubborn, strong willed child.  It was like she she was telling us, while still in the womb, "yo, I'm not ready to come out yet and you're not going to make me!"

Dieter's was fast, unexpected, and smooth (considering the circumstances).  He is our easy-going, energetic, goofy guy who keeps us all on our toes.  He has the funniest personality, loudest voice, cutest little body, and at night he tends to run laps from our front door to our back door...just because.

I've been thinking about my little Dieter boy a lot the last few days and how his life is going to change in less than 4 weeks.  He will no longer be the baby of the family, and will soon be a big brother to a new baby sister.  He still loves to snuggle, and wants to be held.  The other day I told him I couldn't hold him.  I said, "When the baby comes I'm going to have to hold her, so you need to learn how to walk, bud."  To that he replied, "No, Daddy hold baby, you hold me!"

He loves me to "gickle" (tickle) his back at night, sing "Temple song" (I Love to See the Temple) while he goes to bed, and drinks more "chock mulk" (chocolate milk) than any other kid I know.  He's my baby, for now, and I love it that way.

I remember feeling a little apprehensive before I delivered Dieter.  I felt bad for Finnley and thought we were taking love and attention away from her.  I quickly realized we were only adding love to our family, and her life wouldn't be nearly as great without her little brother.  I know it will be the same when our baby girl joins our family (hopefully sooner than later) but its always hard to accept before the actual change occurs.

Going back to my theory on birth's=babies.  I'm hoping this labor and delivery is a nice, laid back, quiet, and easy-going delivery.  Ha, a girl can hope right!?

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

A good theory. I'll have to think about that one too. Let's say it's true, than I wish for you a peaceful, serene, quiet, beautiful, easy easy delivery! Your kids are so damn cute anywho- it won't matter:)

Alex said...

A completely agree with this theory! Meg was so stubborn and came a week late and then ripped through me like she was announcing her arrival on earth! tmi But, Andy and I were laughing about how she tore me at birth and how she's been tearing me up ever since. haha Cole on the other hand was fast and easy and continues to be so. Maybe it's an oldest girl little brother thing?