Friday, May 6, 2011

So Cal Ragnar 2011...


I'm so glad Jenny Dannels decided to put together a RAGNAR team for SoCal. It was a blast and I loved hanging out with these ladies for two days straight. We seriously laughed so much and had a great time. The run started in Huntington Beach, went inland to Corona and then ran down I-15 to Carlsbad where we followed the ocean until we reached Coronado Island past San Diego. Over 200 miles total. Everyone had difficult legs, and I was so proud of everyone on our team.

Our team name was "I'd Rather Be Shopping" (and at some moments we would have), but to be honest, running was just as fun as a good day at the mall and even more rewarding.
This guy ran the entire thing in these nasty cotton Superman tighty-whities. Don't you love the spectator giving him a nice slap on the booty! "Go Romney!"

South Pas Girls - Jordan and Kate. Jordan filled in for us last minute, thank goodness, and ran a mere 21 miles with a week's notice. Kate, mother of a FOUR month old, also ran 21 miles. Seriously? Who are these women.

I think midnight to 2AM was the most fun - that is until we found out we were at the wrong exchange - but before that we were having a PAR-TAY! We put on our glow sticks, pulled out our iphone stereo, and had our own little dance party in the parking lot. When that got old, we took my fart app around and stuck it in people's car windows or next to the porta-potty vents. You'd think we were 13, but we thought we were hilarious.



Day two started off with only one hour of sleep under my belt, and another dry, hot day. We had fun at the last big exchange (Torrey Pines) running into friends and taking way too many pictures. I think we took twenty jumping pictures alone.

USC Dental Wives: Kate, Me, Sara, Lindsay P., and Jenny

My Newport Mommies Pals: Britney, Me, Karen, Katie, and Nikki

Starting my third and final leg: 9.8 miles down the coast of La Jolla. It was a beautiful run past sea lions, crowded beaches, and gorgeous vistas. Thanks goodness my car kept me hydrated and wet or I just might have melted! I ran over 25 miles total...whew...killer.



Kate, Me, Jade, Jenny and Megan

A few of the husbands came down to help their wives run their last legs. Wyatt helped out Jenny and here Pehrson is running with Kate. It made me miss Mitch big time - and the whole fact that I didn't know where he was at the moment or how to get a hold of him didn't help one bit.

And 35 hours later we were finally finished! I joked with my friend Jordan that we had to be finishing in the bottom thirty, but we actually did pretty good. What a great group of WOMEN I got to run with. Its just too bad you have to split up into two vans; I would have loved to spend the entire time with the whole crew.


Until next time...

5 comments:

The Stringham's said...

so fun! LOVE the pics. You are an animal.

Unknown said...

I had so much fun!! I already miss all you girls!

jordan said...

we weren't bottom 30?? :-)
I had so much fun. thanks for bringing me in at the last minute... even if I wasn't in you car. I'm just glad that we have the whole trip documented in pictures so I will remember it forever!

rachel june* said...

so awesome! you made it sound like so much fun and look like cake we you wiped out the next week?

Elise said...

Seriously so much fun. You're amazing! Great post :)