Saturday, February 5, 2011

Run for Virtue...

Sister Elaine Dalton, the General Young Women's President for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, was in Pasadena for a LA County Young Women's Conference. Being a runner, she wanted to get together with some of the youth from the area and run around the Rose Bowl. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go and meet her and run the 3 mile loop with other LDS young women. (I'm young and I'm a woman....right?!)


There were about 100 of us running in our hot pink shirts with "Run for Virtue" printed on them. It was a great way to make people aware of our church, and what we stand for. After a short devotional and prayer, we were off.


It was a lot of fun, and I'm really glad I got to participate.
Sister Dalton is adorable. What a neat lady, and such a great idea!

To see the story in the Church News, click here.

No comments: