Saturday, February 5, 2011

I {Heart} You 5...

Around the 4th of July, we often think to ourselves "Hey, we should get some tubes and float down the Weber River...its warm enough!" But what we fail to remember year after year, popped tube after popped tube, is this: it may be warm enough, but the water isn't nearly deep enough!

We hop on the tubes, and just as we start our relaxing float down the river, SHOCKA, you get a rock right in the rump. Then, KABWAMO, another one, and another one. You try to suck up your bootie, but its too hard to hold for very long. Then you realize you are starting to get more and more wet, and are hitting more and more rocks...what's happening?

Popped! Not just your brilliant idea bubble, but the tube you are trying to stay afloat on. It's fun no matter what, I just don't get why we think one of these years we're actually going to get a quality tube ride.

*My favorite memory is seeing my brother come down the river, tube completely deflated, just hanging on for kicks. You probably had to be there!*


2003

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I just need to tell you again how ingenious the way you do your private blog is. I've told a few friends about it and if I ever go private, this is totally how I'm going to do it.

the dehart family said...

Ok so I am still giggling about the tubing...maybe because I too have had one too many bumps on my rump! Love you Binzer!

sara b said...

I'm laughing out loud! Perfect description of the entire experience. And Chuck.....HA!

Thanks for thi.