Friday, June 11, 2010

Pizza's Visit...(part 2)



The last four days of the Pizza's visit were just as busy as the first three! Chris flew in late on day 3 and we headed down to Newport for the long weekend.


We kicked off day 4 by hitting the beach! We had fun in the sun finding sand crabs, digging holes, and even relaxing for a bit. That night we met up with Mitch and headed to an Angel's game. We had a blast, but the people around us were not as excited to be sitting by four little kids. Oh well.


Day five was spent on Doheny Beach in Dana Point. We met up with some of our South Pasadena pals, some of their pals, and some of their pal's pals. It was a fun mash-up of friends.
Lindsey and I decided to brave the frigid water and join the boys surfing. We worked on our weak skills, and had a great time. We each got up a couple of times before we could no longer feel our legs and decided to go in and thaw out. I'm now determined this is the summer I will get good at surfing! (we'll see)


Me (Dieter), Lindsey, Jamie (Zack)



Makaya and Dieter. These babies were dreamy! They both just went with the flow and napped on the beach. Dieter is such a chunk! I love it. He is such a fun little man and, even with a bagel in his mouth, looks adorable. Hmmm, you'd think I was a little bias.


Day 6 took us on a fun bike ride through Corona del Mar down to Balboa Island and on the ferry over to the peninsula. It was fun to really show off this area to the Pizza's and let them see how charming the homes and area are.




I love Finnley's pose in this picture. Cheese-ball!



Day 7 we were back to the beach. This time we headed down to Laguna and hit up Strands. The boys surfed while the ladies chatted. It was another random group of people with random connections. I loved it. It was a perfect way to celebrate Memorial Day....oh, and my birthday!


Dieter was LOVING this hole of water Mitch dug. He was splashing away and had sand everywhere and anywhere you can imagine. It was also coming out in his diapers for days. Its amazing how much fun can be had in one little sand hole!


Later that night we celebrated my twenty-something birthday. Man, I'm getting old.

The Pizza's left early on day 8. We had so much fun with them and I'm so glad they decided to finally make a trip out to California. Thanks again!

1 comment:

the dehart family said...

I LOVE the pic of Finnley sprawled out on the beach chair...her little legs are adorable! Can't wait to play with her on the beaches of Powell...Love you guys!