Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camp Pendelton Triathlon...

Mitch completed his first TRIATHLON!  Woot! Woot!  He's been wanting to do one for a long time, and it never seemed to work out - either we were out of town, or the event was on a Sunday, etc.  So, even though this one was smack dab in the middle of finals, he decided to do it. It was the Camp Pendelton tri down in Oceanside, CA on the actual base.  I am so proud of him.  We were able to go and watch him do his stuff!  We missed the swim, but saw him on the bike and run.  Of course he was sporting his Utah jersey.  He said he got 2 "GO UTES" and about 20 "GO COUGS!"  My kind of racers! :)
A few of Mitch's friends were also doing the race, so we met up and cheered on our men.  
Finnley didn't like that Dad biked past us (twice) and ran past us (twice) so she freaked out at the finish line and started running after him.  What can I say...I was a little slow with the baby in arms!  Mitch, being a dad before a runner, stopped and turned around to pick her up and run to the finish with her.  The spectators definitely gave him extra cheers for that!  It was pretty darn cute I have to admit!

The Finishers!  I have to admit I don't know the guy's name on the far left...he's in our new ward and I forgot!  Whoops.  But the others are Cort, Josh, and Mitch. 
Our little fam.  Don't you love that both my kiddos are in their P.J.'s!  What can I say...I had to wake them up at 6:30 AM and changing them wasn't a priority.
After the race...as if the boys weren't pooped out enough...we headed to Doheny beach in Dana Point.  Cort brought some long boards, and Josh provided some excellent surfing lessons to me and Jamie.  We both got up a couple of times, and we're pretty sure we're experts now!  Ha ha.  Thanks guys, for the fun day...and Mitch, we're excited for your next Triathlon!

2 comments:

Jason and Ashlee said...

Way to go Mitch...Thats awesome!! I love the jersey. Dieter is growing so much - his almost smile is so cute. You guys are such a cute family.

janae said...

Nice going Mitch, and I LOVE the jersey:) I heard Kim and Cort are in your new ward, how fun!! They are great.