Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day...

We spent our Memorial Day up at Huntington Beach. It started out cold and overcast, but turned into the perfect day. Finnley even took an hour nap under the umbrella allowing me to dig my belly-hole and lay out for a bit. Mitch, being a full-blown surfer now, woke up at the crack of dawn to surf. We showed up around 11 and got to watch him a bit which was a lot of fun. When he was finished surfing and playing with Finn...I've NEVER seen him that relaxed on the beach. He conked out for half the day and has the sunburn to prove it!
Zoie and Finnley with their Oreo smiles...would you believe their daddy's are going to be dentists someday? At least they'll get free dental care. :)
Finnley hasn't been the biggest fan of the ocean (which I'm totally okay with at this point). I think its been a little cold and loud for her liking. On Monday, she totally warmed up to it and loved running in with daddy, filling up her bucket and even standing on the surf board. She was soooo sandy after being in the water, climbing up the sand hill, and burying her toes. I loved it...kids are the best!

No comments: