Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chee-Caw-Go

Well, I just spent 4 days in Chicago without Mitch or Finn. Luckily, I had one of the best brother-in-laws around to take me to dinner and be my shopping buddy! We were there working for the AORN convention with my pop's company, so we were mostly busy during the day, but had fun walking Michigan Avenue, seeing the "Bean", and eating at a lot of yummy restaurants at night.
If you know me, and know me well, you know that I am probably one of the simplest eaters around. Most of my family and close friends can order for me at most restaurants and be right on. Saying that, I have to post the following pictures as proof of my "adventurous eating" while in Chicago. We went to Hugo Frogs which is known for their appetizer of frog legs! I wasn't going to even touch them, but when they came out, I couldn't resist. Crazy...I know...especially for me! When I texted Mitch telling him he wrote back "Prove it!" Well, here you go!
I also suprised myself and tried crab cakes, lobster, calamari, and plain old jumbo shrimp! I can't say I enjoyed any of them enough to order them on my own, but if they are on the table at another dinner I might just have to have another taste. I wan't about to try the mussels or snail - I'm not that crazy, but seriously people, I am making progress!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

One of my favorite cities in the country. Looks like you had some good eats!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

wow. i wouldn't try those legs! you are definitely making progress.