Thursday, February 26, 2009

Finn's Birthday...

Finnley had a GREAT 2nd birthday. We started the morning off with waffles, Finnley's favorite, with syrup and snow on top (powdered sugar). Of course we had to have one for her, and one for her baby! Dad was at school, so we hung around, went on a walk, and played at the park.
When Mitch got home, and Finnley woke up from her 4.5 hour nap, we started opening up her presents. Finnley was SPOILED this birthday, with all sorts of presents sent her way from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins! She gets kind of overwhelmed and distracted, so we decided to let her open her gifts in shifts. She got the cutest stuff, and we have to say THANKS for all the fun and thoughtful gifts!
We got Finn this little piggy bank (which still needs to be decorated) for her to put all her "monies" in. She likes to keep money in her pocket or the side of the stroller, so we thought this would be perfect for her. She loved putting her money from great-grandma Nonnie in there, as well as a few quarters and dimes from M&D.
Finnley insisted on going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner...okay, so she couldn't care less, but she did enjoy it! We told our waitress it was her 2nd birthday, so they brought her, her very own sunday with a candle and sang to her. She loved it. You can see the pure joy on her face looking at that dessert while thinking...all mine!
We decided to try out Build-A-Bear and I think Finnley liked it. She was so distracted by all the little things you could buy to go with the bear that I don't think she really understood that she made her own bear, but that's okay. She loved carrying the bear around in its house and peaking in the window and door saying "Hi bear". She held it right a long with her left-over cheese pizza from Cheesecake. Of course we got all sorts of looks as she hauled her loot down the walks of the mall. She loved having so much to carry!
When we got home, it was time to open a couple more presents. The bubble gun from dad was the WINNER! We wish she'd opened it during the day, because we were outside in the dark watching her go crazy getting mom, dad, and Tuscan with the bubbles. She absolutely LOVED it! And who wouldn't love a new purse full of goodies - phone, mirror, lip sticks, credit cards, etc. Danielle, for not having any girls, you sure know what they like!
Finnley had such a great birthday! We are so excited for her and love everything she is becoming! Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

B & C said...

Happy birthday Finners!!! You just get cuter by the day!

Michelle said...

How cute is that. I love all of her expressions. There is no doubt what she is thinking. BTW you look nothing like a hippo. Don't you love the things that kids say.

The Green's said...

Ah Happy Birhday Finn! She is so darn cute Linds! First off I have to ask you where did you find her white shoes with the straw bottoms? I have been looking everywhere for some like that for Londyn and have had zero luck!Also her little pink shoes she has on in the picture with Damon are adorable too. K, so I haven't been in the blogging world for like a week and a look at all you have done!!! You guys are such an on the go family....I love it! It amazes me how you do it all with Mitch in dental school. You look adorable by the way...nothing like a hippo.

Chelsea said...

What a fun day- you are a darling mom! I must say it's looks so nice to just have a nice little party with the 3 of you. Even though it may not have been the big bash you thought of, I bet Finnley loved just being with the 2 of you. That's what I'm looking forward to most of all if we move away.
ps- where on earth did your dad get that bubble machine?!?! I have got to get one for Tate!

Lindsay said...

Mitch found it at Walmart for 8 BUCKS! What a steal.

The Greenwoods said...

ok what a fun 2nd birthday!!! She is always looking so cute!! I dont thnk it gets any better than the Cheesecake Factory:)

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

she couldn't be cuter! Happy Belated birthday Finners.... Tess keeps saying "cute" as we are looking at the pics.

KACI JOHNSON said...

Happy Birthday Finnley!! I know it's late, but better late then never right!? She is so dang cute!! I love her really cheesy smile. Lindsay you are looking great. How far along are you?