I was so excited to go to the Festival of Trees. It is one of my favorite things to do, and it always gets me in the Christmas Spirit. This year I got to go with Diane, Dayna, Carter, and aunt Leslie. Diane and her sisters donated a tree in honor of their brother Jordan who passed away many years ago. If you were there, it was the cute tree with all the American Girl Dolls called "He'll Come Home For Christmas". When he passed away, they sat all the kids down and told them that their daddy was gone, but that they would be able to see him and hug him again. His daughter Lisa said, "He'll come home for Christmas though...he loves Christmas." And that is how they got the sweet theme for their tree.
Walking among all the sweet trees and seeing the people they are dedicated to always gives me such a huge sense of gratitude for everything I have, and the health and well-being of my family. Thanks Diane for inviting me on a fun outing with the girls.
Walking among all the sweet trees and seeing the people they are dedicated to always gives me such a huge sense of gratitude for everything I have, and the health and well-being of my family. Thanks Diane for inviting me on a fun outing with the girls.
2 comments:
Hey Lindsay,
I just wanted to say Hi! We decided to go private awhile back and I think I might have lost you so if you would like to be added just email me your address. elisewelling@gmail.com. Are you living close to Irvine? We should get together sometime?
so darling! i can't wait to go..
Post a Comment