Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gateway Discovery Center...

We ventured out in the snow storm to visit the Gateway Discovery Center with Lindsey and Will. Last time I was there, Finnley was only 4 months old...so she didn't really get to enjoy it. This time around she LOVED it! She and Will played, played, played. I loved watching Finnley figure out the pipe system and the balls, and how they would fly up into the air and drop back down. She just kept saying "more?!"
Then we moved on to the water center...every kids DREAM! I mean, I don't even want to tell you how many times I've caught Finn with her hand in the toilet (gross I know) pulling out some toilet paper or toy she let float in there. So, it was fun to put her little apron on, give her a few ping-pong balls and let her go wild! Will loved it too, although he loved eating the balls almost as much! What is it with kids and yucky water? At one point I saw Finnley leaning over the side DRINKING from one of the little waterfalls. EWW! Seriously, how many little kids fingers have been in that water - and who knows what else?
The store, playhouse, and farm were just as fun. When we thought they couldn't have more fun, they founds something else great. It was also fun chatting with Lindsey and catching up - all of a sudden we realized we'd been there for quite a while and we needed to feed our kiddos (and ourselves...who are we kidding)! We had so much fun at the Discover Center. If I didn't live in California I would buy a yearly pass in a heartbeat! I'll just have to visit it again sometime soon. Thanks for the fun day Linds!

6 comments:

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

such cute pics....looks like you had a blast. missed you guys.

Chelsea said...

Oh I LOVE that place! We have a seasons pass and it's so worth it. We must go there about once a week. It's a great outing- you have fun watching them and relaxing and they have a blast running around and getting into things that they can't at home! You two look darling by the way- gorgeous girls!

Katie said...

Soooo cute!!! Will misses Finley I showed him this post and he would not give the phone back to me he just kept looking at Fin. LOL

Elizabeth Harrison said...

Hi Lindsay - it is so fun to come across new blogs! Your little Finnley is absolutely adorable and it seems like you guys are having a blast. I run into Mitch's mom all the time and she says that you guys are loving Cali! Hope all is well and please tell Mitch hi for me. Liz (Liljenquist)

The Pizza Family said...

So fun!! I loved every minute of it! I love that you actually post everything! I need to be better!

jen said...

I have got to get there! I always hear how fun it is but this reconfirms how much Taedon would love it!