Monday, June 23, 2008

180 miles

I had a blast last weekend running the Wasatch Back! It was an amazing, exhausting, and exciting experience. My van was so much fun. We laughed and cheered each other on. I loved getting to know new friends, and old friends better.
(Bunny, Jenny, Courtney, Shelly, Heather and Me)
Van One started in Logan and we met up with them in Huntsville. When we started, it was 90 degrees and dusty, but we ran through it. Mitch came and met up with me for my second leg of the race at 3 o'clock in the morning. (Can you say "Husband of the Year!) The temperature had dropped to 40 degrees...burr! He biked with me while I ran 7 miles down the canyon into Hennefer. It was such an amazing run. It was beautiful, crisp, and when do you ever get to run at THREE A.M.?

We did take a three hour pit stop at my parents cabin while van one ran, but that was about it. We were running off of two hours sleep and onto day two. We started in Midway and ran through Wasatch National Forrest then up and over Guardsman's into Deer Valley and finished the race in Park City. Wow...it was "killer" but we loved every bit of it.
This is me after my third leg - 6.2 miles through Midway. The girls kept me cool with a super-soker and making sure I had plenty of water to drink. Again it was 90 + degrees, but strange as it may sound, that only made the day more exciting!

Finally Finished and with all the girls! We had the best team. I can't wait to do it again!

13 comments:

janae said...

Wow!! Good for you, that is really impressive. Looked like a lot of fun:)

The Robinson Family said...

I am so impressed! You look amazing and it looks like you had soo much fun! Hope we can meet up before you move this summer. We get to Utah July 12th.

Tara said...

Wow Lindsay way to go you are amazing! Way to go Mitch being a suppotive husband.

The Pizza Family said...

Oh how fun!! It looks like you guys had an amazing time... and you look awesome!! WOW!! We'll plan to do one after babies number 2 :)

rachel june* said...

Wow what an accomplishment!!! I can't believe you all did that through the night. Sounds like so much fun and so rewarding to be done!! Good work

Michelle said...

Amazing! Congratulations to you all that is quite an accomplishment.

Liz said...

ya! Lindsay, you rocked it on that last leg, I have to say my legs were easy compared to that 6.2 in the heat. Way to go! And thank you thank you for jumping on our team. Can't wait for our post race party and to do all again next year. Mitch is the cutest darn thing!!! Yahoo!!! Love, Liz

PS: I'll send you an invite to my blog. :)

The Greenwoods said...

good job! I ran in it last year with a couple of the dr's and girls from the office. We had so much fun. It is definitely an unforgettable experience

sara b said...

I want in next year. . .looks like a blast! Way to go and congrats on doing so well!

Love you!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow Lindsay you are a running machine. I can't wait to start running again.

Beesley Family said...

Congrats! That is amazing that you are able to do this marathon. I'm very impressed. How are you doing? Have you guys moved yet? I will miss having your in the ward.

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

that is SO amazing!! you go girl!! awesome job!!

Jessie said...

Wow what an accomplishment! I tried to train for a marathon once, and after running the first 1/2 mile I died. :) haha....I wish I was kidding. I need to get in shape.