We jetted off to California for the weekend for some sunshine and a little relaxation! We had fun spending time as a family, and enjoying our little Finnley.

Finnley has a love/hate relationship with the air-blowers on the airplanes. It is the funniest thing.


We arrived on Valentines day and decided to head to our Favorite place for some shopping and food....the Irvine Spectrum. We ended up eating at Cheesecake - yum! Our little family (with noisy finners) was surrounded by romantic couples.

This picture makes me laugh...I can't believe such a blonde, blue-eyed girl came out of me!



I had a fun lunch with Amber while Mitch was up in LA and then we met up again that night to watch BYU's Men's Volleyball team (ranked #1) beat UC Irvine three games to two!


Amber and Drew

We enjoyed a gorgeous beach day. It was a little too chilly for swimsuits, but perfect weather for playing and napping. We all took about an hour nap, and then played with Finners in the sand and water!





Finn La La LOVED the beach this go around. She just wanted to crawl, dig, and splash her little feet in the 54 degree water!



We took Finnley for her first carousel ride at Fashion Island. She had a blast. She was talking and laughing...so fun! We took her once, then left and walked around the mall. On the way back she spotted it and started kicking her feet, flailing her arms, and screaming...so, we took her on it again! Suckers!


I love this picture of Mitch...it looks like he's having more fun than Finners. He actually said "I thought my days of enjoying a carousel were over, but that was pretty fun!" He is, and will always be, just one big kid! Gotta love him!

After church on Sunday we walked over to the Newport temple and took some pictures of Finn. It was such a beautiful day!



Have you ever heard of SPRINKLES cupcakes? Well, they are the new "trend" in California and at $4.00 each, they are a bit pricey. We decided to give them a try, and although they were pretty good cupcakes (dark chocolate with vanilla on the left, and red velvet on the right) I don't think it'll be a regular stop on our California trips!

Finn loved hers!


Swinging at the park...if Finnley could talk, I bet she'd say this was her favorite part!
5 comments:
oooh, how fun! I want some sunshine soooo badly! I love the picture of you and finney (with your opposite coloring!) Finnley is so dang cute- what a fun stage they are at right now! By the way, we are booking the cruise tonight! Well, if there's still room? Hopefully there is! We are really excited, thanks so much for inviting us!
How fun! That looked like such a fun trip. Finnley couldn't be cuter.
About that blonde hair, blue-eyed thing...I am wondering the same thing and I am HALF BLACK...what the?? LOL! You guys are just too cute for words!! I wish I could take a nap on the beach, how nice! Well looks like lots of fun! p.s. how was the skiing? Since Andy & I are beginnners, we were way too afraid to take a shot at it in the dark...next time but thanks! :)
I am soooo jealous! I am in desperate need of some SUN! I think it may be a while before we are able to head off somewhere fun (i.e. my bulging baby bump) but it looks like you guys had a blast!
Lindsay and Mitch, it looks like you guys had so much fun in California, everybody needs those getaways every once in a while. Finnley is absolutley adorable I love her. I am sorry I missed her party, I hope she had an amazing time. Love you guys.
Post a Comment