Monday, October 22, 2007

Our FIRST Getaway...

Mitch and I just got back from the most FANTASTIC getaway (Just Us) to Milwaukee and Chicago. We took it all in seeing the sites, eating at our favorites (and new favorite) places, and just taking it easy and sleeping in for once! It was so nice. Mitch surprised me with tickets to see WICKED which was totally WICKED and I loved it! We had 5th row center seats (Thanks Dave and Summer) and I can't wait to see it again. We were pretty proud of ourselves for figuring out the train system and rode them like pros! Here is Mitch waiting for the BLUE LINE back to our hotel.While in Milwaukee Mitch interviewed at Marquette University...so we hope that went well. After the pressure was off, the fun began. We gave ourselves our own personal tour of Miller's Brewer's Park. It was fun and beautiful. We only wished they would have made it a little further in the playoffs so we could have caught a game.
We also took a tour of Miller Brewing Company. After all the hype of "FREE BEER" we ordered soda and our tour guide looked a little confused and said "Soda...that..that's cool". Oh well. What would he say if he knew neither of us had ever even tasted one..."PRUDES".

We loved Millennium Park with all the fun sculptures, architectural and landscape designs, as well as fountains, and a fun atmosphere. Above, is the Jay Pritzker Pavilion which is amazing! We hope we get to hear a concert there someday.
The CLOUD GATE was so awesome. It is this sculpture that reflects everything around it. We had so much fun taking pictures of ourselves reflecting off it.


Here I am standing on the Michigan Avenue Bridge. We couldn't stop looking at all the tall beautiful buildings and wishing we remembered more from our art history classes. It really is amazing...especially the Chicago Times Building with all the little chunks of rock from different places across the globe...even our own Salt Lake Temple Quarry.

8 comments:

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

how fun you could get away! was it hard? i am so nervous. looks like you had a great trip.

The Green's said...

I'm so glad you had fun! We wish Mitch the best of luck with school stuff even though we will be very sad to see you guys go. Chicago is so fun though I love it there! We definitely need to do something soon!

Lance and Em said...

You guys are soooo brave!! I need to have your courage to leave Finn rub off on me so Lance and I can esacape... I AM SUCH A WIMP!!! Love all of the pictures of Chicago... it is such a great place to visit. Hope you got a lot of H&M shopping in.

jen said...

You two are so cute & no surprise you always look so stinkin' cute! I'm so jealous, two of my favorites: Chicago & broadway! I've heard WICKED is fabulous! How'd Finnley do? Sounds like Chicago might be in your future... tell Mitch good luck! Keep us posted.

Brando and Annie said...

Mitch & Lindsay-
I'm not really sure about this whole blogging thing but Annie wanted to show me how cute your daughter is. I wanted to say hi & hope all is well. Let me know when you go skiing.

Brando

The Pizza Family said...

Wow... Getaway just the two of you guys. Dangerous! Sounds like a really fun trip and we are jeeeaaalous. Happy for you guys though, i am sure it was a blast!

sara b said...

Oh how fun! Looks like you packed it all in. . . except for Oprah, there's always next time!

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

Lindsay- This is ali Hansen Stewart(Josh's sister) hopefully you remember who I am ~ But anyways, I am always looking at your blog and I always want my hair to look like yours, who does your hair? Also you little girl is so darling. Your trip looks like you had so much fun!