It was bittersweet. Finnley lost her first tooth this past Sunday. It had been a little wiggly for a while, but she decided she wanted it out and started to really work it. I told her to stop, and that she wasn't allowed to lose a tooth and grow up anymore than she already has. She didn't listen. She worked it and worked it, until the next thing I knew, she was in the bathroom with dad getting tips on how to loosen it even more. She had it out in no time and was, well, excited would be an understatement.
She wanted to take it to school the next day and show her class (gross, i know!) so, she didn't put it under her pillow until the next night. She wrote a little note to the tooth fairy, asking if she could keep her tooth. She now has the cutest little toothless grin, in which she is constantly sticking her tongue, straws, and anything that will fit, through the gap. Who knows...she may be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" come December.


No comments:
Post a Comment