Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Finnley's First Day of First Grade...


Well, school is back in session.  I was feeling really ready for my kids to start school....until, they started school!  Now, I'm missing the lazy days of summer.  Miss Finn, on the other hand, is loving school.  She was counting down the days until she was back in the classroom.  "See ya in 6 days school..." "See ya in 3 days school..." she'd say each time we drove past her school.  

On the morning of her first day I asked her if she wanted to be driven to school or ride the bus.  She excitedly announced that she wanted to ride the bus. When it pulled up at the end of our lane, she hopped on with the biggest smile ever.  She confidently waved goodbye and then turned around to catch up with her bus buddies.

I have to say, it makes me so happy that she loves school as much as she does.  I'm happy knowing that she is enjoying learning, meeting new friends, and is a confident student.  We love our Finners and miss her while she's at school, but we are also proud of her and love watching her grow up into a beautiful young lady.

No comments: