Monday, July 16, 2012
Bringing Out the Cowboy Within...
One thing I remember loving, and doing often, growing up was going to the horses with my dad. He'd let me brush them, pick the dirt out of their hooves, warm them up around the arena, ride them outside, pretend I was a barrel racer, and then reward them with sugar lumps. Sometimes I'd bring a friend, but usually it was just us and maybe my sister. Fond memories I tell ya! So, it was a must-do with my kids while we were in Utah visiting our families.
We met up with my dad, or Grandpa Matt as he is now called, on a hot hot day. He saddled up Harley and walked my kids around the arena and around the property. To say they were in heaven would be an understatement. They loved it just as much as I use to (and still do).
We got to meet Zani, the newest member of the Sansom clan, as well as walked around saying hello to all the horses in the stables. It was a memorable afternoon, and I'm happy my kids can share the same memories with my dad that I had growing up. Love you Grandpa Cowboy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment