Ready or not, It was time for the annual ladies triathlon weekend with my friends. Last year's was my first triathlon and I loved it. I didn't want to miss out on this year's trip, even though I didn't have much of an opportunity to train, and I'm so glad I went down and did it. Not only is the whole experience a blast, I got to hang out with some of my favorite people as well.
The swim was 750 meters in Sand Hollow Reservoir, then a 12 mile bike ride, followed by a 3 mile run. A few of the girls in our group did the Olympic distance, which was everything doubled. Whew! I'm hoping I can work up to that for my next one. The weather was perfect, the water was calm, and I had the best little cheerleader greeting me at the finish line.

Katie and Christy were nice enough to watch Remmy for me while I did the tri. She was such a good little babe and just went with the flow of the girls trip. It was fun to see a lot of people from BHS and Sandy that I hadn't seen in a long time.
.jpg)
The rest of the trip was spent laying by the pool, seeing movies, talking, talking, talking, eating, and staying up way too late talking some more. I loved it! Remmy loved the pool and just kicked and coo'd until her toes were raisins. It was the perfect little getaway. I hope I can make it out for next year's trip! Thanks again ladies.



No comments:
Post a Comment