Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Slug Bug"...

Growing up, we would vacation to San Diego almost every summer. Each time we visited, we re-discovered our favorite "sibling rivalry" game - "Slug Bug". You know how it goes - every time you see a VW Beetle you get to hit your brother, sister (or hey, even your mom and dad) and yell "slug bug white!" Or the more extreme version where you just yell "slug bug" and get to keep hitting your sibling until they get the color of the car right.

I recently introduced my kids to the game. I thought it would be a good way to help D-man with his colors, and it has. The funny thing is, my kids just can't quite grasp that you only get to hit when you see a VW Beetle. They see a Mini Cooper or a PT Cruiser and they yell "slug bug" and hit the other. At first I would say, "no, that doesn't count, that's not a bug" but it didn't help. So, we've changed the rules...

Slug Bug = a slug to mom, dad, brother or sister. I love it when Dieter see's one because he yells "BUG, BUG" and then air pumps his fist and yells "Boom, boom, boom!" I'm smitten by him.
The Mini Cooper = a tickle. After yelling "mini", and then the color, you get to tickle the person of your choice. Dieter just says, "Minnie Mouse" after Finnley or me see a Mini Cooper.

Then there's the PT Cruiser. I guess its the circular lights that makes this one fit in the mix.

Finnley will save all her points until she gets out of the car, and then she'll give you five slugs to the rear end, or two tickles. Anyway, that's what we're doing in our car every day. What do you do in yours?

1 comment:

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Ha! Too funny. My nieces and nephews and myself do mini mini pinchy (a small friendly pinch). Pt cruiser double bruiser (that two slugs). And whenever we see a yellow car it's a banana slap! So the ultimate is a yellow pt cruiser!!!!