Have I mentioned how much I love this kid? He is the sweetest little guy you'll ever meet. Think big smiles and bear hugs every morning, saying "thank you mom" when I change his diaper, put away his shoes, or comb his hair, gives me big wet kisses randomly throughout the day, loves to sit with me, climb on me, be next to me, and just plain old has the most adorable face (in my opinion).BUT, he is a boy, and boys are dirty, rambunctious, hyper, destructive, and sneaky. Like today, I had just finished frosting some yummy homemade Oreos. I went to throw some dish towels in the hamper, and came back to find this little boy on a chair (that he moved) covered in frosting up to his elbows and all over his face. He just lifted his hands up out of the frosting container with the proudest look on his face and yelled "MOM"! Could I be mad? Yes, and I was, but seriously he was so, so proud of himself. Yesterday (pictured above) after playing outside with sidewalk chalk, he quietly placed his blue coated handprints all over my kitchen, bathroom, and furniture on his way to wash them clean.
I'll admit, this 26 month old boy sometimes makes my head go a little crazy, but usually he just makes me swoon with his stalky little strut, squinty eyed smiles, and sweet little voice. Gosh, I just love him!
1 comment:
He is an absolute doll! He makes me REALLY excited (and a bit nervous for my i-want-a-clean-house self) for my boys to grow up! Don't you wish your kids would stay toddlers forever? I sure do!
Post a Comment