Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Catch...

Wow, its summer and I am way behind on blogging. Gone are those long nights sitting in front of the TV watching shows and blogging. Here are the endless summer nights playing, traveling, and staying out way too late. I wouldn't have it any other way. I absolutely love summer!

Back in June we headed up to UT for a couple weeks. We were thrilled to spend the 4th of July weekend up at my parents cabin with most of my family. The kids loved swinging on the huge swing set, going for 4-wheeler rides, and fishing. My dad has a pond that he keeps stocked with trout just for those summer days when you wanna catch a fish (without too much effort).

Finn still rockin' her Rodeo Queen hat from the rodeo the night before.



Everyone caught their fair share of fish that day. I think Finnley caught 5 or 6 - although she didn't want to touch them.


We only had one tragedy. Its usually catch and release, but this unfortunate soul swallowed the hook and couldn't be saved. We ended up taking him home, let grandpa clean it out, and Sara fry it up. You can read more about the fish fry over here.

The rest of our weekend consisted of Stadium of Fire, singing songs around the campfire, celebrating more Dieter, and the 4th with the Duckworths. More on those to come...hopefully sometime before summer is over.


No comments: