Friday, July 8, 2011

And the Dieter Celebrations Begin...

He's special enough to celebrate 5 days in a row...so that's just what we did! After all, we don't believe in birthday's around here, its all about the birthweek.

It all started on Wednesday the 29th, his actual birthday, but Mitch hadn't arrived yet so we really weren't supposed to celebrate. I didn't do breakfast in bed, presents, or any of that fun stuff, but I had to celebrate it somehow. I mean, come on, he was turning two after-all. So, we called up Dayna (Mitch's sister) and her two kids Carter and Reese, and Mitch's mom and we all met up downtown at the Discovery Gateway. We stayed for hours and hours, and the kids had a blast.

Thursday we hit up the zoo with the Batemans and my niece Jovie. The kids were loving the new dinosaur exhibit, especially the ones that spit acid (water) over all the passerby's. That night Mitch arrived around 11pm, and finally the birthday boy's real party started.

Mitch woke up Dieter with breakfast in bed. He was excited to see his daddy after a week and a half away. We met up with Mitch's family for lunch at Red Rock in Park City and then headed over to Park City Mountain Resort to ride the Alpine Slide. I can't gush enough about how much I love Utah summers. The weather, the smells, and this year especially, all the green! I could have spent my entire two weeks nestled up in those mountains.

That night we headed over to the Oakley Rodeo for even more fun, and to kick off our Fourth of July weekend! Whew, what a crazy few days, and that's only the beginning...

You'll be seeing a lot more of Damon on this here blog...he's moving out to California in just over a month to start Dental School at USC! We're excited to have some family join us out here in L.A. Congrat's Big D.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh man, I can't agree with you more about Utah summers. We were just sitting out on our front lawn last night gushing about it. If only they would last longer! Happy Birthday to your cute boy!