Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Laundry Day...

Tuesday is my laundry day. I load up all four washers, and then all four dryers in our building's community laundry room. Not having a machine in my apartment is definitely not a huge plus, but I also like that I can get four loads done in two hours start to finish. Okay, maybe not the finish part. It usually sits on my bed until after dinner when I can turn on a good show and fold it all. Sometimes I get really lucky and Mitch gets home in time to help. He loves that. (wink!)

What is it about a big, clean pile of warm clothes that screams "JUMP ON ME"!? Honestly, every week I can count on my two little ones climbing up in all those clean clothes and jumping, rolling, and screeching around. I usually get after them saying something like, "Hey, those are all clean and you're going to get them dirty...hop off the bed." But, today I decided I'd just document them and the satisfaction that came with romping in all those clean clothes.


I love laundry days...so do my kids!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

so fun! my friend posted something similar a while ago. It's pretty funny actually - you can see it here: http://www.seriouslyahomemaker.com/2011/03/in-your-face-how-i-tackle-mountain-of.html

Chelsea said...

Finnley's hair is getting so long! It's adorable. How old our four year olds are looking these days, right? Are you still in Pasadena?

The Stringham's said...

love it. Finn is way too cute!!!

Emilee Porter said...

Look how big your kids are getting! They are so adorable. I love this post and can SO relate. I get through the whole first part of the wash, but our clothes sit on our bed until dad gets home too, just hoping that he'll help us fold! Love it!