Friday, April 8, 2011

Griffith Park, I know...again?

It's true, we do love Griffith Park.

My kids love the ponies, even though they are half-dead and to make them go the workers have to chase them.

My kids love the train, even though the conductor sits in a miniature engine with only his head and shoulders poking out the top.

My kids love the random yard art the train passes by, like Snow White and 6 dwarfs, a few deer, some Gnomes, and an old western town.

My kids love running around the grass, even though it is littered with bird poop and yucky garbage.

I have to admit, I love it too because it makes my kids so darn happy! Well, maybe not Dieter, at first.

This was Dieter's first time on the ponies. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the kid is so darn laid back I just thought he'd go with it. He did at first, but then the guy sent him around the track, he realized he was alone, and he lost it. His cute big sister was in front of him, calling his name and telling him it was okay. I love her and all her mommy-ness.

It got worse when he saw me. The other (random) moms were telling me this was their kid's first reaction on their first pony ride too. He he, I was secretly laughing because to me it wasn't sad, but funny! I knew he was safe, and frankly I love when kids have adverse reactions to fun things.

By the second lap, he was smiling and waving. He actually looked like a rodeo queen out there, you know, trying to wave while keeping their balance so they are leaning way over the horn and their hand is waving fast and low by the horse's neck. So cute.


I'm excited for Dieter to have another go at the pony rides. I'm sure we'll be going back sooner than later.

Want a good laugh? Check this out.

No comments: