Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eggs to Dye for...

We've never attempted colored eggs before...before today, that is. Even though it was one of my favorite traditions growing up, I just imagined it would be more trouble than it was worth with a sub-three year old. Now that Finnley is the ripe old age of four, I thought we'd give it a go. It was a hit! She loved picking the colors, rotating them so they dyed nice and even, and then decorating them. It was COM-PLETE torture for the forty-five minutes it took for the eggs to dry enough to be decorated. Not for Finnley, but for me. She asked me about a billion times when they would be done. I won't lie, I finally threatened to chuck them in the trash if she asked again. She didn't.

She took her time and meticulously created each egg. Putting them in their holders, picking out their eyes, painting on their hair, adding accessories, and then naming them. She made an egg of Mitch, me, her teacher Miss Jenn, and one of herself. She was so concerned, and still is, about eating them. She kept asking, "Mom, do we eat the cheerleader fings? The pon pons? Do we eat the eyes? What about the glitter; do we eat that?" I told her time and time again that we peel them and only eat what's inside. She came to the conclusion that we wouldn't eat these eggs because she doesn't think they will taste very good.

All her cute little creations.

On a side note, last night Finnley said "Love you Mom!" I, of course, asked "How much?" She responded "So much! Like as much as how old your are! Thats a TON!" Lovely.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh... the never ending waiting for them. When do they get a sense for time I wonder? These eggs are adorable though- is it a kit you bought? I'd love to do some with Tate!

rachel june* said...

crap, it is almost Easter!!! you've kicked me in the butt to get going on some of these. Yours turned out darling!!

Poelmans said...

Those eggs are awesome! Way to go Finn!