I don't know about you, but I am a
much better mom when we are out of the house and have something to do. Maybe that's why we're
always doing something. I just feel like I have more patients with my children, my kids are happier, I have more energy, we laugh more, and its just better all around. I'm not saying I don't love being home, those moments are spectacular, but when I have a lot of time to kill as a single parent, I make a nice big to-do list!
Mitch headed up to Tera Bella this past weekend for three day dental clinic, so I made one of those nice, long lists of things to do with my kids. It started off on Wednesday with an 80+ degree beach day. We headed to El Porto with a few other moms from South Pas. It was fab-u-lous. I wish we could have stayed all day.
My kids were pooped out by the end. After Finnley's school on Thursday, (and "VSP" day - more on that soon), I took the kids down to Newport Beach for the rest of the weekend. We had a nice long dinner at our favorite OC spot - Chick Filet! Seriously, we love that place. My kids played for almost an hour until we got our ice-dream's and headed home. Our plan was to wake up on Friday, take a nice long walk, hit the beach, and relax. Well, Friday I woke up to a text from my mom telling me about the earthquake in Japan and the tsunami threat for the west coast. Very, very sad. The footage was heartbreaking.

We took a walk down to the shore line (its on a cliff) to check out the waves. We weren't the only ones watching for the big wave, but luckily there was nothing more than three foot waves. Since our beach day plans were kind of shot, we decided we'd head to Disneyland. Finnley really wanted to meet Rapunzel, so we waited in the hour-long line just for her to freeze up and get shy. Luckily, after a little prodding from me, she warmed up enough for a quick picture.
We were so excited when we met up with the Hadfields! They were in the park celebrating Will's 4th birthday, so we tagged along with them for a couple of hours. Finn and Will picked up right where they left off and were playing and running around together. It was so sweet. We love the Hadfields and I must say, their newest addition, Andrew, is absolutely adorable!
Saturday we got our beach day. After a long walk/run/scooter ride through Crystal Cove, we headed down to the beach. The kids played and played, while I soaked up some rays into my pasty bod.
By the end of the day, we were all eager to get home and reunite with Mitchie. Even Tuscan was looking forward to it.
It was a fabulous weekend...hope yours was too!
3 comments:
You have the most exciting life :))) Looks like fun.
you do the funnest things ever! wow! so fun. and your kiddos seriously too cute!
It was so fun spending time with you guys!!! Thank you for playing with us. Your kids are the cutest. We missed Mitch...we would love to play again soon..Disneyland the Beach or we will come up to LA and play..
Post a Comment