
Saturday I ran in the Great Race of Agoura Hills. It was probably one of the prettiest, coldest, and hardest I've ever done. It was 38 degrees when we started and 50 when we finished. I never shed my long-sleeve shirt, and I only dropped my gloves around mile 9. The course was one hill after another, through misty skies, and gorgeous scenery. Originally, I was supposed to run the Chesebro route, but after all the rain we've been having here in SoCal, the trail run was closed due to mud slides. They combined the runners from our race with the runners from the Pacific race. I'm not sure how they compare in difficulty, but once I began running I quickly realized my main goal wouldn't be a specific time, but just not to walk. Hill...after hill...after hill...after hill...but I reached my goal! In total, we climbed over 1300 feet. Whew.
The race started at Paramount Ranch. Do you remember Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman? Well, it was filmed here, along with hundreds of other shows and movies. We ran through Old Agoura, Cornell Winery, around Malibou Lake, and finished at Cumash park. I was amazed by these army guys that ran the entire race in their uniforms while carrying their packs - and there I was debating whether or not to carry my phone due to the extra weight. What a sissy.

Gotta love the huge lines for the porta pottys.

Overall, it truly was a "Great Race" and I'm very glad I decided to do it. Next up, the Southern California Ragnar....Can't Wait!
1 comment:
yea! way to go. come to SL and do the 1/2 with me :)
Post a Comment