During our recent move, I came across a ton of old pictures from when Mitch and I were dating. Man, do we look young (and boy, do I feel old)! I wanted to share them, and heck, February seemed like the perfect month! So, here you go.These particular pictures were taken at Ensign Peak.
This place is one of our spots.
This is the place we realized we liked each other more than friends.
We'd hung out as friends all summer long, but finally on an August night in 2002, we went from just friends to "more than friends". We were cruising around town with a bunch of friends and decided to head up to the Salt Lake City cememtary. After walking through it and creeping ourselves out, we ended up at Ensign Peak. Nobody wanted to hike the trail except Mitch and me. So there we were, hiking in the dark, walking close together, and SHAZAAM! We felt the spark. Later that night was our first "cuddle shesh" initiated by your's truly. He asked me out the next night, and the rest is history.

We visited Ensign Peak for a second time the night before Mitch left to sale security in San Diego. He was really sad to leave (notice the fake cry below), and I was really really sad to see him go. It was the best thing for us. I think we both realized we didn't and couldn't live without one another. Gawash, this post is getting kind of sappy! I'll finish it up, but look forward to more blasts from the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment