We spent our Christmas Eve Eve up on the slopes of Snowbird with the Bateman family. Even three week old Ivy made an appearance. She'll have her turn soon enough.
It was Finnley's second day skiing of the season and she did awesome. (We spent our first day up at Alta.) The weather couldn't have been more perfect. We left the inversion behind, and emerged into warmth and sunshine.
Jack and Mya were great little skiers too!
Oh, and did I mention Santa and Mrs. Clause came up for the day as well? Why not? It sure was a great way to spend our Christmas Eve, Eve (and 7th anniversary of our engagement!).
By day 3, Finn was on her own! Mitch took Finn up to Solitude and she went all over the mountain with him. She had the perfect pizza, and was making nice big turns.
See that Pepto-Bismal snow suit she's wearing? Yay, it used to be mine! I remember wearing it, so its kind of strange seeing my daughter in it.

We are so excited for our Finners, and are glad she has the same love of skiing as her mom and dad. Next year, its Dieter's turn.
Want to take your little's up to the slopes? Here's how I'd rank the resorts...
1. Take advantage of Alta's "Ski Free after Three". We took Finn up to the bunny hill around two (it's free all day) did that for about an hour, and then she was ready for the lift. We took two runs down and called it a day. The best part? We didn't spend a dime.
2. Solitude has a great beginner hill and kids are free all day with an adult pass. Mitch went up early by himself and got in a bunch of runs. I brought Finn up around one and they skied the rest of the day together.
3. Snowbird was probably the worst deal. Kids under 6 are free on Chickadee, but adults are $20 for only the one lift. The hill isn't that impressive, and it cost us $40 bucks for just a few hours.
4. We didn't make it to Brighton, but my B-I-L took his two kids up and had a great experience. He put Jack in a lesson and the kid was a pro after only two hours. You have to buy an adult pass, but you get two free kids passes with each adult. Pretty good deal.
Anyway...here's to hitting the slopes! See ya in February.
3 comments:
Oh so fun! My husband would be soooo homesick/jealous reading this! He used to teach ski school at Park City (way back in the day!) Last year when we lived in SLC for a bit, we took TOTAL advantage of Alta's free after three the whole winter and he taught our daughter (3 at the time) to ski and it was SO MUCH FUN to see her fly! He would ski with our little guy (8 months at the time) in our baby carrier too. Why is it almost more fun to watch your kids learn and do fun things than it is to do them yourself? I love her Santa hat and I love the pink suit! :)
Thanks for the tips!! I really want to take Taryn up sometime. I think she would love it!
Great Pictures! Finn is probably a better skier than both Spencer and myself! We are going to be in SoCal this month, we would love to see you guys. We are driving down on the 19th and going to Disneyland Thursday, Friday,and Saturday. I will call you!
Post a Comment