.jpg)
Today was a great day. We got to spend it with some of our friends we used to see every few days, but now only get to see every few months. Alyssa drove in from AZ with her two (and one on the way), Allison was here from UT with her little one, and Kim drove up from the OC with her one (and two inside). It was great to see them, and Finnley was beyond thrilled to see Talli and "baby" Kate. We all met up at the Irvine Park Railroad for a day filled with fall fun.
.jpg)
We took a train ride, creeped through the spook house, jumped in the bounce house, got lost in the hay maze, rode a john deer tractor, and romped all over the pumpkins.
.jpg)
.jpg)
My friends: Me, Alyssa, Allison, Kim, and Jamie.
.jpg)
.jpg)
By the end, both my kids were pooped out, so it was time to head home.
Funny Story about the phrase "pooped out".
A while back, Finnley asked me what "pooped out" meant. I said, it means you're body is tired and you need a nap. Then she asked, "what does peeped out mean?". I just laughed, and said I didn't know. About a week ago it was cold and rainy here. Finn and I were hanging out and she said, "Mom, I'm pooped out and peeped out." I asked what peeped out meant, and she said "pooped out means I'm tired, peeped out means I'm cold." Sounds good to me.
Anyway, thanks for the fun day ladies. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow!
3 comments:
I love the pooped and peeped out! So funny. One time my husband's cousin from Switzerland (his mom is Swiss and the only one who lives in the USA) was visiting us in Vermont and after a long day in Montreal I asked her if she was pooped, and said that I sure was. I could tell by the look on her face that she was confused and horrified that her cousin's tacky American wife had the audacity to ask such things! It was hilarious and I quickly explained it to her. We just saw her a few months ago and had a good laugh over it - her English has improved monumentally since then. It's a dangerous phrase! I don't know who came up with it!
I'm totally using the peeped out line now when I'm cold:) That's so funny. I'm still laughing. She's a clever one, and a sassy one too- that first shot of her at the fire station kills me. You are looking absolutely beautiful lately, not that you're not always, but just thought you might like to know that:)
that looks like the best pumpkin patch! how fun. and i agree with Finn I am pooped and peeped out! She is too cute.
Post a Comment