Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Staying Cool...


Just trying to stay cool around here! Whether it's hitting up the beach, going to a neighbors pool, enjoying the wading pools, or simply finding a hose, we're doing our best around here to have fun and stay wet.

We've checked out the WADING POOLS...
These are awesome shallow pools in parks around Glendale. They are only about 1 foot deep, so they are perfect for Dieter and the big kids love them too. Finn and Lila with their bubbles, and, below, cute little Dieter boy.


We've swam at the ALLEN's POOL...
Thank you so much Shannon for letting us come and cool off in your pool!
Finn and Zoie....yes, she is in Dieter's floatie and, yes, she LOVES it! They both loved it. They would take turns getting in while the other hung on. Finnley is becoming quite the little fish these days. She's doing awesome.



It is funny watching these kids. They thought they were hilarious squirting me with their water guns while I had my camera. Also, I love seeing the difference between them and cute Crew. The boys were chasing the girls around the pool getting them wet, while they screamed and ran away. Does it really start this early?

We blew up the KIDDIE POOL...
We had fun in our backyard with the kiddie pool. I'll admit, it was a little ghetto, but it did the trick and kept us cool. I even took a turn sitting in the teenie pool just to get out of the heat. I looked like I was right out of one of those bad kiddie pool box photos!



I love Trey with all his toys. So cute.

Nothing cools you down like a yummy popsicle!

So, I guess our goal this summer is to stay WET and stay COOL!
Hope you're staying nice and cool this summer too.

PS...our apartment was 90 degrees the other night! WHAT??

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad we have you guys to stay cool with! That kiddie pool picture gave me a good laugh. I can just picture you and Mitch out on your little patch of grass enjoying your inflatable pool.

The Stringham's said...

90'??? i would have died!!! The pictures are darling, Your kids are seriously darling.

The Stringham's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.