Monday, July 12, 2010

Phone Photos...

I love looking through the pictures on my phone. They are totally random and fun - just some snapshots of our lives. I think I catch some of the funniest, enjoyable, and sweetest moments on that phone. So, here you go. A selection of my favorite photos from my phone...

I found this skirt at a sample sale in LA for $30! Finnley loves it. She was wearing it on our bed and I had to laugh...she was almost lost in all those ruffles. She'll put it on and twirl in front of our big mirror.

This day Finnley got ready all by herself - hair, dress, make-up, and jewelry. She was extremely proud of herself and kept checking herself out in that big 'ole mirror of ours. Hilarious.

While in UT just last month, my sister Amy invited us down to Cedar Hills to play in the river at Heritage Park. The cousins (minus Steve's kids) had fun floating toys down the water, walking up to the waterfall, and chasing each other all over. Next time we're going to bring tubes and try floating the kids down.

Oh...and how can I leave out the FATBOOTH pictures on my phone. I have about thirty of them, but figured I wouldn't post any of my friends or relatives just to be nice (even though they are the funniest). My nephew Rex calls them "Fat Head" photos. This entertained me and my girlfriends while waiting in line for the newest Twilight movie...at least its good for something!

Can't pass up a picture with the giant rocking chair in Beaver!

This is our kiddie pool. I know, pathetic! I was so excited to get it out and blow it up the other day. I blew it up, filled it with water and ran inside to get the kids in their suits. When we came out, the pool was completely flat and there was ZERO water in it. I was so confused. So, I started over. It was then I realized there were a GAZILLION little holes all over the pool. I started covering them with duck tape (which actually slowed the deflating a bit) and then refilled the pool with air about every five minutes. I'll tell ya what - all that pumping was worth it! My kids were in heaven. So, that pool went in the trash and we're picking up a new one soon.
My man. See those smiley lines on his face? Those are my very favorite. Have to just say this guy is working his little behind off lately. We miss having him around, but are very impressed by all his hard work. You Go Boy!

I found this one on my phone one morning. Mitch snapped it while leaving for school. I guess he wanted me to know what an ugly sleeper I am, and what has to put up with everyday. Maybe that wasn't his exact purpose, but you have to agree...I am a pretty ugly sleeper.

Finnley insisted she wasn't tired and didn't need a nap. I knew she was and, obviously, I was right. Within minutes of me leaving her on the bed she was quiet, so I checked on her to find her like this. Gotta love three year olds.

Finnley and Will Hadfield. These two were inseparable our first year in California while we lived in Newport. They played together so well, and everyone thought they were twins - Katie's twins. We miss Will so much, and it was fun to see him and his family at church while down in Newport and watch him and Finn play and hit it off again. Katie, we need to plan some beach days to get these two together more often!

In May I scored a few more tickets to Ellen - 4th show in 3 months! While I was trying to find out who'd be on the show a few days earlier, I found out it was Ellen's mom's 80th birthday show and that she was going to be having some good give-a-ways! What more do you need to hear? We hurried and called our family members to see who could make a last minute trip and Dayna (Mitch's sister) made it happen! It was so much fun having her out here for the day, and SO worth the trip. We won a GPS, Flip video camera and underwater case, Kindle, CVS gift card, Covergirl make-up, and a 3-night vacation!


One afternoon while walking around the Arboretum in Arcadia with some friends, we spotted a cute group of down syndrome adults touring the grounds. One quickly jumped out at me - Do you recognize her? It's Sue Sylvester's down syndrome sister from GLEE! I asked her if she was the actress from GLEE and she quickly beamed. She was thrilled we had recognized her and said she "loved being famous". She was adorable, as were the other members of her group. After taking a group picture with her, other members of her group wanted to take pictures with us as well. Their leaders said we had made their day, but we're pretty sure they made ours. Love them!

Speaking of GLEE, I ran in to Artie while shopping at H&M at the Americana with my mom. He was such a nice guy, and I'm pretty sure we're best friends now. ;)

My Dieter boy after eating some yummy raspberries! They were all over the place, even on the wall. This kid is seriously the messiest eater EVER. When he is done and wants to get out, he starts rubbing his head and face with his hands, getting whatever he just ate all over him. Lovely.

Ahh, here he is again. My sweet Dieter swinging on the swings at Lacey Park in San Marino - our very favorite park. When I let him kick me while he is swinging, he'll let out the biggest belly laugh!

Finn...my future runner. On our runs, she loves to hop out of the stroller at our halfway point and walk/run up the big hill. She is totally pooped by the time she reaches the top, but is pretty darn proud of herself for exercising. She's pretty please with her work-out clothes too.

This is my ELEVEN year old niece, Layne, who is not-so-slowly catching up to me in height. I bet by Christmas she has me beat. This girl is honestly one of the best kids you'll ever meet. Finnley adores her, she is the best helper, totally athletic, on the straightest and narrowest, with a personality and sense of humor to rival uncle Chuck! (That's saying something). We love our Layner.

This is the newest member of our family - Miles to Run. Mitch's horse had a darling little baby boy this spring. We call him Miles and wish we could see him more often, but have to settle for occasional visits and text-photos.

Smooches!

Finn and her great-grandma Nonnie. We love visiting Nonnie every time we come to Utah. She'll give Finnley a See's sucker and that girl is in heaven. I hate saying goodbye to her at this age, but luckily we get to come visit often.

Well, this one needs some explaining. I was in UT and Dieter did his first poop in the tub. It shot right out of his little behind. So, I had to take a quick pic and send it off to Mitchie. What can I say, I didn't want him missing out on any of little D's firsts!

I just love this...Grandpa Matt and his two youngest grandkids - Hoyt and Dieter. They won't be the babies for long...my sister-in-law is having a girl in August and my sister is having a girl in November!

One of Finnley's favorite things to do while visiting grandpa Matt's house (besides eating a billion soft-serve cones) is riding around the circle drive on her scooter while grandpa rides next to her on his. She could do this for hours...and she does.


These were taken during our visit in April. Our kids are lucky to have Duckworth cousins almost the exact same age. Finn and Carter are six months apart, and Dieter and Reese are about two-and-a-half months apart. They love each other so much, and have so much fun playing together.

Well...that was pretty random, but what fun memories (at least for me).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Those "Fat Head" photos are the best!

The Stringham's said...

Linds love it!!! every picture is fantastic, love the one of you asleep...makes me wonder what i look like :) and the shkit in the tub...hilarious!! you have a darling family.