Thursday, March 25, 2010

Slow...Medium...Fast...

Have you ever heard of different speeds for pony rides?

Well, a week or so ago we went out to Griffith Park in Glendale, CA for a play date. There are picnic areas, a train ride, and pony rides. As you line up for the pony rides there are three signs - Slow, Medium, and Fast. I was a little confused; what did that mean?

Right then I see a little boy, holding on for dear life, hair blowing in the wind, take off around the track. At first I was dying! What can I do to help this little boy? Where are his parents? Where are the workers? Then I saw where the workers were...they were running behind the pony swinging a rope making the pony run!

I looked back up at the signs and it all made sense. Are you kidding me?!

I thought to myself, "There is no way in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks I would ever put my kid on that. Then, about twenty minutes later, after a very sllllooow ride around the first track, it was my kid on the fast pony being chased around the track by a worker swinging a rope.

The look on Finnley's face was classic. It was a mixture of complete shock, terror, excitement, joy, and "MOM HELP!" I couldn't help but be a little proud of my daring child. I also couldn't help but be a little disappointed that I used my own child as a form of comedy and entertainment. It was though...entertaining that is!

So here you go. Footage of her second lap around the track. The shock and terror had worn of her face a bit, but the video is still entertaining!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE this video! Me and Zoie have watched it probably twenty times! I can't help but laugh when I see them on those horses. We need to go do that again!

the dehart family said...

oh my gosh! we are still giggling around here! love it love it love it! see you in a few!

Jason and Tawni said...

Holy crap, that was hilarious! Her face is the best part! No wait, the fact that the worker has to run behind the pony to make it go fast is the best part. What a job!