Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And She's Off...

There is a new skier in the Duckworth Household! Miss Finn is a natural, and absolutely loved it! (She threw a fit when we had to leave!)

We headed up to Alta and started on the Bunny Hill. Mitch is so patient and such a great teacher. After a while Finnley pointed to the lift and said, "I wanna go on dat!"so, we did!She mastered the penguin walk, and made a decent pizza for a first timer.

She had strong legs, stood up, watched where she was going.

She even had a smile on her face the entire time.

Oh...and Dieter was quite the sport too. He rode the lift, and made a couple runs down the slopes too. What a gifted child. :)
Finn, you made us so proud! We can't wait to ski with you for years and years to come!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

There's nothing more perfect than Alta's free after three to teach kids to ski! We did it last year with our daughter (we were living in Utah again for a brief spell) and it was the best! Finnley is so darling in that getup.

Stacey Salmon said...

Very cute!!! I want to get Dahl out snowboarding so bad.
SS

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

i love it! what a fun day!

smallfry21 said...

Happy Birthday Mitch! I didnt mean to be a brat the other night, it's been a long week with a streek of bad luck. Anyway, I hope you guys have a good time in Atlantis!!! Take lots of pics on the cool waterslide! I have wanted to go there all my life!!! Merry Christmas Duckworth Family!!!

Jason and Ashlee said...

I love the pictures. What a great day - and so true what you said at the end - something to enjoy for years to come.

Shannon Allen said...

How fun! Fin is such a champ. I am totally impressed! I am almost more impressed you can see with Dieter strapped on you too! We look forward to seeing you guys again soon and catching up!