Saturday, September 19, 2009

What's in a Name?

My family is German - my dad was born in Hamburg, Germany - so, when looking for a name for our little guy I wanted to pull some Deutsch into it. When I came across the name Dieter I couldn't think of a better namesake than Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

Today a special package arrived from Mitch's aunt Leslie with a signed copy of President Uchtdorf's book "Sister Eternal". When she told Pres. Uchtdorf that there was a little baby named after him he wanted to write him a letter, and he did.
It reads:

Dear Dieter Mitchell Duckworth,

Welcome to this beautiful planet Earth!!
You have come to a great family and will be eternally cherished by them.
May God bless and help you as you grow up and fulfill the purpose of your creation.
God loves you and has a wonderful plan for you.
With love and best wishes,

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

What a special keepsake this will always be for our little Dieter. We know he has a special purpose on this earth as well. He has such a sweet and happy spirit that radiates from his little body. We love both Dieters, but especially our little one here at home!

12 comments:

the dehart family said...

I love it! What a great keepsake and so sweet! Love and miss you guys!

Melanie said...

That's amazing! What a wonderful man to take the time out to write such a meaningful note.

The Pizza Family said...

That is awesome!! Really what a fun thing to keep forever!!

Carrie Woolley said...

That's amazing that he would write such a thoughtful note to a baby he has never met. How cool for you guys and for (your) Dieter!

Fergie Family said...

That is So neat! What a sweet man to do that for your sweet boy!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

that is so great, my goodness. What a cherished thing to always have. He is such a special Dieter!

Lance and Em said...

That is one of the neatest things I have ever read! How sweet... President Uchtdorf is one of my favorites!

Lindy said...

Wow. HOw neat is that?? You will cherish that forever.

Britney said...

I know everyone has already said it but wow...that is awesome. Keep that in a safe place.

B & C said...

okay, I am crying. That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Little Dieter is so lucky!

The Green's said...

What a special gift. I love Pres. Uchtdorf. Your little Dieter is so darling.

sara b said...

Wow Linds, that is really amazing. How neat for your Dieter. So, so special.