If you ask Mitch what his ideal vacation would be, he would say "Lake Powell". It is definitely our family's favorite place to go at least once a summer. This year was no different. We spent five days camped out up Last Chance with the entire Duckworth clan. Finnley slept up top with dad, while me and little D cuddled down below. We enjoyed yummy food, gorgeous scenery, and of course, great company.
After watching her cousins Jayden and Jackson do the platform ski, Finnley looked at me and said "Mom ina do dat." "You want to ski?" "Ya!" I had previously told Mitch he was NOT to force Finnley to ski and suddenly it was me placing her little feet in the skis almost causing her short legs to do the splits. She was up in a flash and looked very pleased with herself. After some miscommunication between driver and dad, she had a little fall but got up again. She also rode the tube and wakeboarded with mom. What a little champ! She definitley made us proud.
My favorite thing to do in Powell is cruising the lake. I never turned down the oportunity to ride into the marina with my dad, buy an ice cream and feed the carp. So, it was a trip down memory lane when we took Miss Finn to Dangling Rope for the first time. 

And it most definitely wouldn't be Lake Powell without as much wakeboarding, tubing, surfing, and knee boarding you can handle. I am most definitely getting wussier and my runs are getting shorter, but I've promised myself I will never turn into one of those moms that never gets into the water or doesn't try something new. Besides, I already know Mitch would never let me be like that anyway!


5 comments:
Looks like a blast, linds. And a woot woot to Fin for getting up on the platform...impressive.
love and miss you all.
Ah- Lake Powell! People who don't frequent Lake Powell have no idea what they're missing. It's such a great trip! Finn is a rockstar- are you serious, she got up?! That's so cute!
I agree with Mitch, it is the best vacation ever!! Looks like you had a great time:)
What a fun trip! Way to go FIn, that is so great. And btw you look fabulous!!!
looks like such a fun trip!!! you kids are darling!
Post a Comment