
Our little guy has finally arrived! He came QUICKLY on Monday, June 29 at 2:45pm. He weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. He has darling blonde hair, and we're guessing blue eyes. I, of course, am already completely in love!
My parents flew in town on Sunday to help us out with Finnley after my induction that was scheduled for Tuesday. On Monday morning we woke up and went for a nice long walk, had a yummy breakfast at our favorite place, and then my mom and I headed over for pedicures around eleven. It was during my mani-pedi that I started to notice regular contractions. I'd been having them all week, but they'd come and go so I didn't think anything of them. By the time I was done being pampered, they were every four to five minutes and very uncomfortable. Around 12:45 I texted Mitch, who was an hour + away up at school in LA, saying "don't worry...yet...but I'm having some uncomfortable contractions and you may need to skedaddle." Then I jumped in the shower thinking..."If this is really it, I need to shower, put fresh make-up on, and do my hair so I look good for all the photos." Ha! By the time I was finished showering they were coming every 3 to 4 minutes. I called Mitch just after 1 o'clock telling him that I thought he should probably head out of class and come down to the hospital! So much for getting ready! I quickly threw a few things in a bag and headed to the hospital with my mom. I was dying - and my cute mom (trying to console me?) said, "now you know what I went through with all of you". Well, by the time they checked me I was at a nine with "bulging waters". The nurse said, "lets just break your waters and have this baby!" No Way! First, I wanted an epidural...I had been begging, and second, I wanted my husband to be there! Mitch finally made it there right as I was going to get my epidural and about fifteen minutes later our little guy arrived! It was a night and day delivery from Finnley and I LOVED IT!
My parents flew in town on Sunday to help us out with Finnley after my induction that was scheduled for Tuesday. On Monday morning we woke up and went for a nice long walk, had a yummy breakfast at our favorite place, and then my mom and I headed over for pedicures around eleven. It was during my mani-pedi that I started to notice regular contractions. I'd been having them all week, but they'd come and go so I didn't think anything of them. By the time I was done being pampered, they were every four to five minutes and very uncomfortable. Around 12:45 I texted Mitch, who was an hour + away up at school in LA, saying "don't worry...yet...but I'm having some uncomfortable contractions and you may need to skedaddle." Then I jumped in the shower thinking..."If this is really it, I need to shower, put fresh make-up on, and do my hair so I look good for all the photos." Ha! By the time I was finished showering they were coming every 3 to 4 minutes. I called Mitch just after 1 o'clock telling him that I thought he should probably head out of class and come down to the hospital! So much for getting ready! I quickly threw a few things in a bag and headed to the hospital with my mom. I was dying - and my cute mom (trying to console me?) said, "now you know what I went through with all of you". Well, by the time they checked me I was at a nine with "bulging waters". The nurse said, "lets just break your waters and have this baby!" No Way! First, I wanted an epidural...I had been begging, and second, I wanted my husband to be there! Mitch finally made it there right as I was going to get my epidural and about fifteen minutes later our little guy arrived! It was a night and day delivery from Finnley and I LOVED IT!

Finnley absolutely LOVES her little brother. When my parents brought her to the hospital she ran in saying "I'na hold baby Dieter! I'na hold him!" She's been wanting to hold him, watch me feed him, change his diaper, and everything else. I think she is going to be a great helper!
Grandpa Matt and Grandma Jan! Thank you so much for taking such good care of Finnley! And, of course, for helping us out and letting us rest. You are AMAZING!
The proud papa! They almost didn't let him into the hospital because he was in his scrubs. He had to have a personal escort into my hospital room to make sure he wasn't sneaking in to steal any babies.
Our cute little man getting his first bath! He didn't really enjoy it, but I'm sure they'll grow on him and one day he'll hate getting out. :)

Finnley wants to love and hug on Dieter. We're working on being soft, but its a hard concept for her to grasp!






16 comments:
Yeah! I am so happy for you guys, especially because I know how fun and sweet and new baby is. Enjoy him! Love, cuddle, hold, squeeze. Man, they grow up so fast.
Congrats!
Congrats!!! He is to cute for words!!! I am so excited for you guys..
Yay! Dieter is really really cute. I'm so happy it was a fast delivery- you deserved it! Congrats, guys... Can't wait to meet him! and I also can't believe you guys have two kids now! Holy Cow. Love and miss you!
He is so stinken cute! I love the blonde hair and those chubby little cheeks. Congrats!
Oh my gosh, you have 2 kids!!!!!!! We are not old enough for that Linds! Congrats on the new little man in your life, I can't believe how fast he arrived, Mitch was lucky to get there just in time. He is a cutie and your family is absolutely beutiful. Love to you all ...
i seriously love hearing birth stories! glad he made it here safe, glad you got an epidural and that mitch was there! and he is adorable! (must be something with the name dieter...they're just handsome guys!)
Congratulations! That is so exciting, and he is absolutely darling!! Wow- what a birth story... that's the way to do it:)! And don't worry, you still look completely perfect and darling in your photos:)!
Congrats! He looks so cute. What a nice delivery!
I hope all is well with the new addition.
Linsey
He is just to dang cute for words!! Good luck these next couple of weeks.. I'll be calling for HELP when my round 2 comes!!
your new addition is perfect! so adorable. you do look great in the pics and so genuinely happy! congrats and hope things go smoothly over the next few weeks for ya.
Congrats!!!! He is so cute you guys! Your family is as darling as ever and Linds seriously you look awesome. I can't wait to see what your life is like with two. You guys are such great parents! Hope all is well. Good luck over the next few weeks. I wish I were there to bring you by lunch!:)
oh he is just perfect. i love that Finnley loves him! We are so excited for you. Congratulations on your sweet new bundle those pictures are priceless.
Congrats guys! He is adorable, and definitely resembles his older sis. I cant wait to see pics as he gets older. He makes me so excited for my little ones. :) Congratulations again!
your making me BABY hungary!!!! So Happy for you. What an exciting day, Im so glad Mitch made it. Your Amazing I can't believe you were at a nine before you got any drugs!!!!!! I love how low key you are about it, your a great mom. These little angles are blessed.
Congrats!! He is adorable and you look great:) I am glad everything went well with the delivery!
Congratulations!!! He is adorable. You look awesome- Glad Mitch made it in time!! phew- Darling, Darling Family of 4 now!!
Post a Comment