Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sick as a DOG...

EARLY Monday morning I woke up with the yuck-yucks (I'm guessing food poisoning)! I'll spare you the details of my hourly wakings, but just know that I am the WORST sick person. I huddle over the toilet and literally weep. After about 10 hours of constant you-know-whats, my AWESOME brother-in-law/anesthesiologist decided it would be better if I didn't dehydrate and hooked me up to a make-shift IV. It was classic...the bag was hanging from an old hanger that was hooked on the shutters. After two bags of fluid and a little anti-nausea medicine, I was able to jump on my flight and head home to CA. It did spark several hours of fake labor (mild contractions every 5 minutes), but it turned out to be nothing. Thanks MAC! I didn't feel a thing...I'll let you prick me anytime.

9 comments:

Katie said...

What... you are a trooper!!

Jason and Ashlee said...

Ugh.. no fun. I hope you are doing better now. Hey...we put two and two together and figured out - we know your cousins - Andrew and Stacey Hoyt. They are in our ward. Cute couple. I swear the world is so small.

Good luck with everything...feel better.

Scott and Amy said...

Linds i can't wait for you to have that baby and so that when your sick its not 100% worse then when your just normally sick. So I have a card I need to mail you but I don't have your address. can you send me an email with it agneiting123 AT gmail DOT com. I hope that little guy comes soon!!!

The Greenwoods said...

oh man being sick is never fun!!! Good Lcuk with everything and feel better soon!

Tara said...

Lindsay Oh my goodness I did not know you got so sick I am so sorry. You are a trooper I don't know how I would have handled that being nine months prego. We miss you We hope all is well. Keep us posted on anything happening!!

B & C said...

Oh, I am so sorry! That is sooooooo miserable. Maybe that is what you get for never having morning sickness! Just kidding, I would never wish that on anyone. Especially my favorite person in the world. Good luck with the next few weeks!

agirlnamedgay said...

i think i would've passed out, although i must say it looks very professional! too funny about our boys- who would've thought! you definitely get the authentic vote for spelling though!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

oh no! i hope you are feeling much better now. being sick is the worst!!!!

Brooke Breen said...

Linds that sucks! the same thing happened to me 8 mon prego I was a total baby and went to the hospital with contractions. But got sent home. The IV's are a life saver though. It was so fun to run into you. Good luck with everything coming up!