Today when we went to church we were stopped by members of our ward to make sure we weren't trying to disturb the meetings.Today when we went to church there were police, and later there were undercover agents among the protesters.
Today when we went to church we were counseled to take "any green light out of the parking lot" so that we weren't stopped or harassed.
Today when we went to church we had to discuss what was going on outside with our Sunday School class.
Today when we went to church it was a day I NEVER thought I would have to experience.
Today when I went to church I got a teenie-tiny understanding of what the early members of the church may have felt when they went to church among hate and persecution.
Today when I went to church I realized I no longer live in "the Bubble".
16 comments:
How sad that this has become such an issue. Thank you for sharing a very insightful experience.
WOW that's crazy that you guy's are actually there experience it. We are here in our bubble and I feel so horrible that they are picking on us, I can't even imagine how you guy's feel. Love, Helen
How sad is that!! I cant believe it has come to this!
Wow, that's crazy. I've lived outside "the bubble" for a long time now, but the greatest I've had to endure is odd questions and sometimes comments from classmates and co-workers. But all far far from a full-blown protest. It certainly does resemble early days of the Church.
It is so sad to think that things have come to this. You are truly living around a modern day mob. I appreciated this post because I am living in the "bubble" and it is crazy to think what is going on in California.
What I don't understand is that they are fighting fire w/ fire?! Last time I checked though we weren't the only Christians (or religion) who believe this way! How unfortunate this has become!! We truly do live in our own little world here in UT, thanks for putting it into perspective!
oh that makes me sick! this is so sad that it has come to this. i kind of like the bubble.
How frightening that you had to go through that just to get to church. It does make me wonder how our ancestors had such faith as I know their persecution was much worse. It makes me so grateful for the temple though, even through all of this and no matter how many people stand outside we can still go inside and forget about it for a while.
Oh wow!!I can't believe that you are there to experence this!! So sad that our world has come to this!! Be safe!!
What a bummer :( It makes me so sad people do things like that. Hopefully this will stop pretty soon. Jason and I are running in the Father Joe's 5K at Balboa Park, in San Diego on Thanksgiving day - my sister was saying this is were a lot of gay people hang out - so it could be an interesting day.
Wow Linds, that is crazy! It breaks my heart that the church and members are facing so much persecution, but like you said it's just a little taste of what the early saints went through. The sad part is I think this is only the beginning of so many other issues we as members will be facing. "Come, come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear........all is well! All is well!"
That is so sad! I can't believe that this is going on and how much hate there still is for the church. Good luck, stay safe! Hopefully things will die down.
I'm so sorry! Surprisingly, things have been pretty chill in South Pas.
I feel bad that you are going thru that and the church is experiencing so much persecution. I have relatives who live in Southern Califorina experiencing the same thing. Take care and be safe.
Something to consider though...the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has played a very public and central role in banning gay marriage. The members donated an estimated 15 million or more which is half of the money raised...
Hey, I must say, it is good to live outside the bubble. SLC can be a very one sided culturally skewed place. I myself live outside of utah, and I understand both sides. We are not gay, and don't understand how it feels to not be able to get married to a person we love. They are also persecuted. It goes both ways let us not forget that.
that is so scary, i couldnt imagine. gosh we're here in arizona but i still feel like we're in a bubble ourselves just cause we're not in the huge part of phoenix. but since we're both raised in utah....
anyway i could imagine how tough that day would've been :(
Post a Comment