
When Mitch found out about the "BLACKOUT" we were in St. George and he instantly wanted to go. I told him he could if he
wanted, but I didn't know if it was feasible with his school schedule, cost of flights, oh, and how about a ticket?? He dropped it, and I didn't hear about it again until....Wednesday. He called me from school and said, "Hey, I found a cheap ticket on Jet Blue to SLC Thursday morning, my mom said she would give me her ticket to the UT/TCU game, and then I'll be back by Friday morning at nine for school....can I go?" How could I say no to that?? Bonus for me, he wanted to take Finnley! Its been hard living here in CA with no CSTV or The MOUNTAIN to watch our local teams. Mitch usually gets on the Internet and listens to 1160 with his earphones on and zones out. So, bright and early on Thursday I was dropping my two off at the airport with not a thing to do! (Actually I had a million things to do but I ended up browsing IKEA for two hours, reading, going for a long run, and accomplishing nothing...it was GREAT!)

Finnley killing time in the airport.

She was excited to see her grandparents (she got to see mine too...surprise) and had fun playing with Carter and Diane while Doug, Mitch, Mark and Dayna braved the cold and went to the game. I think Mitch has already turned warm-blooded...he said he was cold the whole game, but that his sister didn't even have her coat zipped up.

Saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Duckworth - We'll see you at Thanksgiving!

I just had to post this picture. Finnley would NEVER do this if I were flying with her. Of course, she does when she's flying with Mitch, and they both napped the majority of the flight. Dad's...they always luck out.
10 comments:
Man she is a cutie. . . glad Uncle Mitch could go cheer on HIS team! I love the clippie. . . nice touch super mom.
that is so great that mitch was able to come back to Utah for the big blackout game. I don't know if Byu can pull it off. The Byu vs Utah game is going to be a good one this year, can't wait to see what happens, right!?
adorable! isn't it nice having a day off every now and then? and i end up dong about nothing as well!! i've been thinking about you lately... would love to get together!!!
How cute~ Jaggers on my lap and pointed and clearley said 'Finnley'lol... Hey just so you guys know Matt and his dad are INSANE football fans and we get not only every nfl game but every college game too... and they tivo them. So you guys are totally welcome to come over and watch them if you want on game days :) that is of course if you want to be around screaming crazy football nuts...
I hear ya about dad's always lucking out? What is it with kids being perfect angels for them?! She is a doll!
how fun to have alittle time to yourself and for Finn to have a little one on one time with ehr daddy!! And what a great game to come home for!!
Great trip. Way to go Mitch. Even better game. Are you going to hit the San Diego one also?
Yay! I am so glad they got to go! It was an amazing game! Totally worth it!
Okay...love the picture with Finnley asleep! Of course dads always luck out, what is it that makes that happen? Though Brodie didn't luck out tonight when he watch Summer, she pooped twice! I was really happy when I heard this!!
Nice! Good for Mitch to make it happen and get to that game. It was crazy. I was so stressed until it was completely over. I had laryngitis for a whole week (I'm still not completely over it). Your cute family looks like california is treating you well. Thanks again for that fun run in newport!
Post a Comment