Monday, October 27, 2008

Yay for Fall...and Utah too!

I was only in Salt Lake for four days, so we had to pack things in. Me and Finn had fun seeing my sister's new baby, visiting the scarecrow festival, holding the baby, eating at Cafe Rio, kissing the baby, playing with cousins, loving on the baby, playing outside, visiting the baby, going on walks with grandma, stopping by the baby's, visiting grandmas, oh, and holding that beautiful little baby!
The Scarecrow festival was a lot of fun. Finnley was quite a poop at first - having taken no nap - but warmed up to the fun once we got her into a bounce house. She wouldn't let the cute girl paint a pumpkin on her face, so we settled for her hand. Even that was a struggle and we never got the mouth on. We'll take what we can get...right? Finnley was very clingy to my parents all week, but especially to my dad. (He loved it.)
I picked up Saylor one day to help out my sister Amy. I told her I was letting her have an easy day off to be with her new baby, but actually I was being 100% selfish and just wanted Saylor to come play with Finn! :) These two play so well together. We let them loose in my parent's backyard and they went crazy with the leaves. My mom raked them into a big pile and we tried to bury them, but neither would have it. Oh well....I guess throwing the leaves up in the air is just as fun.
I had to take advantage of the red leaves falling in my parents backyard and snap some pictures of Finnley. My dad just got an awesome new camera, so I stole it and channeled my sister's photography skills and took some pictures.
We had a fun pizza party up at the Kringlen's house - you can tell by looking at the pizza sauce left-over on Finnley and Carter's faces. Finnley instantly warmed up to everyone, and had fun playing with Carter. They are so cute together. Dayna just announced that she is having another baby the end of April! We are so excited for you guys, and of course for Finnley to have another cousin! Finn loved hanging out with Damon as well. We're hoping he comes and visits us sometime soon.
After dinner we went and visited Mitch's grandma Dorothy. She looked beautiful and seems to be doing really well. Finnley took a little longer to warm up to her, but by the end of the night she left her with a sweet kiss on the cheek.
We had such a good time up in UT, and can't wait to come back for the holidays...this time with Mitchell!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Super cute pictures!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

so cute! Your little Finners is so darling. What a fun backyard full of leaves!!!!

The Greenwoods said...

Way CUTE pictures!!!Finnley is gorgeous!!!

holly said...

Darling! Seriously I don't think there is a cuter little girl out there! (maybe I'm partial to blondies:) but she is a doll! Now you need a vacation from your vacation!!

the dehart family said...

Lindzer--great photos! I loved having you here! It went by too fast! Love you lots and lots!