Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekend in Ventura

What do you get when you put 15 couples and 20 kids in 1 big house? A fun-filled, sleep-deprived, action-packed weekend! We had such a good time up in Ventura with a bunch of our ward friends. We stayed in a fun 10 bedroom beach house, right on the beach! Mitch got to surf, I got to sunbathe and chit-chat, and Finnley got to run around in the sand. We really have been so lucky to meet such amazing people in our new ward. Thanks Ogden Fam for thinking of us!Who knew sea kayaking was an extreme sport? Mitch obviously did! He and Blake traded in the surf boards for the kayak and went after the waves. They had some pretty hard crashes - catapulting end over end - before they decided to call it a day. Finnley loved hanging in the hot tub (the ocean water was FREEZING) and playing in the sand. She also couldn't get enough of all the kids. I couldn't get her to stop and eat, let alone take a nap, all weekend.I had to post this picture for Steve. One day while all of us ladies are talking someone asked me what my maiden name was. "Sansom." "You're not related to Steve Sansom are you?" "Ya, that's my brother!" "Oh my gosh, I lived right next door to him at Liberty Square in Provo!" "Is that a good thing?" "Yes, I loved him...he was the sweetest!" Such a small world! We have discovered so many funny connections like that with people here. I love it! Anyway Steve, Shelly says "Hi"!
The boys playing a little game of flag football on the beach.

7 comments:

becky said...

looks like so much fun! mikelle is one of my good friends from college! such a small world. and of course it's fabulous to see boman! tell them hello...

Ryan, Helen and Kids said...

So much fun! Finnley looks like a Cali girl, so cute!

Michelle said...

I can't believe how blonde Finnley is. Looks like you guys are loving Cali.

Regan Duckworth said...

Didn't know you had a blog. Found you on Ryan & Helen's. Looks like things are going very well for your family. See you at Christmas.

Tara said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend I want to come back to Sunny California, that is funny that you were there with someone that knows steve, small world.

Emilee Porter said...

Looks like you are meeting some fun people in California! We know Blake & Mikelle Bunker. My husbands parents live a couple of doors up from the Nyborgs (Mikelle's parents) and my little brother served with Mikelle's brother, Zach in TN. You'll have to tell them hi from Danny and Emilee Porter!

Emilee Porter said...

Looks like you are meeting some fun people in California! We know Blake & Mikelle Bunker. My husbands parents live a couple of doors up from the Nyborgs (Mikelle's parents) and my little brother served with Mikelle's brother, Zach in TN. You'll have to tell them hi from Danny and Emilee Porter!