Monday, October 6, 2008

Sandcastle Competition...

We had a fabulous Conference Sunday here in California! It was perfect weather (as always) and a fabulous and spiritually filling broadcast. Didn't you LOVE the blind date story? Sooo funny! I have to admit that I cried last night when I was walking the isles of Target alone (well,with Finnley) and thinking about all the fun moms and daughters hanging out together while their boy's were at priesthood session. Miss you Granny and my lovely Baby Mamas! Today after conference we decided to take a walk to the beach and check out the annual Sandcastle Competition. All levels of artists come and build their creations. They range from amateur sandcastles and molds to some pretty impressive ones! One pretty funny one was of a GIANT nose with a Finger picking it and the words "Going for Gold" molded in the sand in front of it. The Olympics were a pretty popular theme this year. :-) Another cute one was of four snowmen...one of which had been hit by a car. Pretty creative people out there! We had fun walking down the beach and checking them all out. Here are a few of our favorites!
a "Sand-Witch"

7 comments:

Tara said...

OH Conference always made me home too. I am loving those sandcastles it would be so fun to see those in person, some day!

Tara said...

I meant to say home sick.

holly said...

I'm so jealous of all of your tans! Lucky!! Stay in touch! My brother hangs out with some of your guys' friends..Spencer and Marianne? They are in law school together...small world, well not really in Utah right??

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm sad you were sad at Target! Moving away is hard! (I've lived away for over 7 years now). Target is a great place to go for cheering though, isn't it? I hope you got a big Diet Pepsi and a pretzel to nurse your wounds.

Jason and Ashlee said...

I love the sandcastles and it looks like you guys are enjoying Cali so far. I am jealous how close the beach is to you. I would spend every extra minute I could there.

This is totally off subject, but I think I saw your sister Sara in St. George this weekend. Did she run in the marathon?

Benjamin and Jennie said...

Seems like there is always something fun going on in your lives!!! We love to check out your blog and keep updated. Finnley is gorgeous and seems like a real cutie pie!

jen said...

Well we're all jealous & sad of all the fun activities you guys have right @ your fingertips! All your posts are making me want to take a trip to... your house! :)