In Big Bear they have this little place called the Moonridge Animal Park. At first glance it is a little ghetto, but it turned out to be a lot of fun and really awesome. They had some great animals - grizzly and black bears, a mountain lion, badgers, bobcats, coyotes, wolves, porcupines, beavers, skunks, all kinds of owls, fox, deer, a snow leopard, eagles, and tons more. The best part - they all come right up to the fence. It wasn't like those other zoos where they stay way far away and you can hardly see them without binoculars. These ones were feet away. At one point, we were listening to this guy talk about the grizzlies and one of them stuck it’s nuzzle through the fence and the guy was touching it. Five minutes later he walked away and if I wanted to, I could have gone and touched the grizzlies’ nuzzle too. Aaron said it best..."This is the kind of place that if you don't watch your kids, they could get eaten." It was totally true, but that’s what made it so awesome!Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Quick Trip to Big Bear...
In Big Bear they have this little place called the Moonridge Animal Park. At first glance it is a little ghetto, but it turned out to be a lot of fun and really awesome. They had some great animals - grizzly and black bears, a mountain lion, badgers, bobcats, coyotes, wolves, porcupines, beavers, skunks, all kinds of owls, fox, deer, a snow leopard, eagles, and tons more. The best part - they all come right up to the fence. It wasn't like those other zoos where they stay way far away and you can hardly see them without binoculars. These ones were feet away. At one point, we were listening to this guy talk about the grizzlies and one of them stuck it’s nuzzle through the fence and the guy was touching it. Five minutes later he walked away and if I wanted to, I could have gone and touched the grizzlies’ nuzzle too. Aaron said it best..."This is the kind of place that if you don't watch your kids, they could get eaten." It was totally true, but that’s what made it so awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun, I can't believe it can be that cold just two hours away, crazy. Finnley is getting too big we miss you guys.
Found ya!! haha! So you've just inspired me to take a trip to Big Bear...seriously, then I don't have to go to Utah and Matt can still see his snow and we can show it to Jagger and then go home :) What a great idea!!
ps your blog is so fun and I'm glad you and your cute family are in our ward!! I'm adding you to my friends list...
You guys just don't stop! One fun trip after another. And Finn and such a doll.
Post a Comment