We went to our first "Corn Roast" last night on Big Corona beach. It was a lot of fun. We brought down our own food to cook on the fire - KFC :) - and our ward provided the yummy corn and smores. The corn was so good and sweet...mmm...we loved it! Corn is Finnley favorite veggie right now too. About a week or so ago I got a little homesick and Mitch asked me what was wrong and I said, "I'm just in the mood to drive up the canyon and have a fire, and I can't really do that right now." Well, this totally satisfied my craving for the fire, smoke-smelling hair and clothes, smores, and just chilling outside on a cool evening.
We've met some really great people, and Finnley has made some cute friends! Unfortunatley (or fortunately - however you want to look at it) they are ALL boys! She is in a playgroup with six little boys and her. So fun! Davis Blake above, and cute Will Hadfield below are both in her playgroup.
What a blast...we can't wait for our next bon fire on the beach...any takers?!
I am sooooo jealous. This was my favorite thing when we lived in Cali. Our ward did it weekly for FHE. This post made me so homesick for Cali (it's my 2nd home) glad you guys are having so much fun! Has he already started school?
Finners is so tan! Layner and I are just thinking of you and thought we would check out your blog! We miss you more than we did before! Lots of love from UTAH!
Looks like fun! I know how you feel. I drove over to SLC for labor day and once I hit Parley's Canyon I got flooded with homesick thoughts and all the things I miss about the place I will always call home.
You guys look like you are having a lot of fun, and you seem to be adjusting just perfectly. We miss having you so close. We need to all get together the next time you come into town.
You guys seem to always be upto something fun. Seeing that beach campfire makes me so excited to be going to Cali. We need to make sure we get together sometime when were there. It's about time that you meet are girls. At least now you know their real. See you soon.
12 comments:
I am sooooo jealous. This was my favorite thing when we lived in Cali. Our ward did it weekly for FHE. This post made me so homesick for Cali (it's my 2nd home) glad you guys are having so much fun! Has he already started school?
That looks like so much fun! And I LOVE Finnley's new hairdo...very cute!
Now THAT'S how you do a ward picnic! Where on earth do they find a stock pot that humongous?!!!
I'm jealous!! That looks like so much fun. Beach campfires can't be beat. Looks like you guys are adjusting well. Tell Mitch good luck with school.
Looks like fun! I hear that is the best way to eat corn on the cob. After looking at your pictures, I want to move to Cali!
looks like so much fun! glad to see things are going well.
Finners is so tan! Layner and I are just thinking of you and thought we would check out your blog! We miss you more than we did before! Lots of love from UTAH!
We'll be takers...sounds like so much fun. We should get a group together!
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I would be in heaven if the wards here in Utah had cool ward party's like that!
Looks like fun! I know how you feel. I drove over to SLC for labor day and once I hit Parley's Canyon I got flooded with homesick thoughts and all the things I miss about the place I will always call home.
You guys look like you are having a lot of fun, and you seem to be adjusting just perfectly. We miss having you so close. We need to all get together the next time you come into town.
You guys seem to always be upto something fun. Seeing that beach campfire makes me so excited to be going to Cali. We need to make sure we get together sometime when were there. It's about time that you meet are girls. At least now you know their real. See you soon.
Post a Comment